Blackberry playing CHIPMUNCKS song since upgrade...
ibmrswoodie

Anyone else having this problem?  HOW can we fix it??  Super annoying.... Started in the middle of the night..... HELP PLEASE!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry playing CHIPMUNCKS song since upgrade...
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Please list the model number of your Blackberry and the current OS you are running.  Also, if you could give a little more detail of your problem.

Doc

0 Likes
ibmrswoodie

i have a

BlackBerry®
Tour™ 9630 smartphone.  Everytime I receive a text message, or Email, I get the regular tone that I have set up and about 15-20 seconds later a chipmuncks song "Shout" comes on.  It is super annoying.  I can not control it.  I can't turn it off or lower the volume.  Even if it is on vibrate only it will still play the song.  The only way to NOT get it is to turn my phone off competely.  Thanks for help!
0 Likes
kim0527

Yes I am except it's not the chipmunks but it is very annoying.

0 Likes
jines8

I too am experiencing the same thing, even in the middle of class and even if the all alerts are turned off. Not sure exactly what song it is. I tried a battery pull earlier and it hasnt done it since. Hoping that this has solved it. It happened after hanging up on a call, after receiving a text and so one, although it didnt happen every single time. Hope its gone for good.

0 Likes
n2ironponys

I had the same issue but with a different ring/tone that I never had on my phone....Rule #1  backup your device first, then do a battery pull for a complete reboot. It took me about 3 battery pulls and complete reboots for it to dissapear. Hope that helps...It started when I upgraded to 5.0.0.591 but the reboots solved the issue.

0 Likes
lcooksey

This is one of many known issues with the OS 5.0.0.591 update from Verizon:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/known-issues-os-5-0-0-591-verizon-tour-9630-a-446876/

-audio clips received through MMS get "stuck" to the end of ringtone alerts, even if they've been deleted. Only known fix is to do a battery pull.

0 Likes