Blackberry signal Jumping 5-0 bars & repeats!
binkyj1101

So been having a problem with my signal jumping from full 5 bars to 0 bars.  Then back and forth.  It does this threw-out the day and have updated the PRL *228 and no fix. 

Ive heard its not a known problem but then it is.  I am in a great area so i know its not the signal area.  Also have tried different phones. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry signal Jumping 5-0 bars & repeats!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You did not say which Blackberry device model you have and what is the version of the device's software.  For any device having signal issues, you have obviously tried the first quick fix by updating the PRL.  Next, make sure your device has the latest software (Operating System) installed.  You can verify your OS by going to Options>About.  Go to Verizon's download page if you need to install the latest OS at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
binkyj1101

I had the Tour with VZW most up to date OS and current PRL. Now Bold with both also.   

I know its not a device or os problem, because others have the problem with their blackberry's with verizon

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1
Hi,

I have read across other forums other Bold 9650 owners having similar issues. I believe this issue will be addressed in a future software update. Most of the issues of this I read was from users having this problem while driving or in a moving vehicle and experiencing signal fluccuations. hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Doc
0 Likes
binkyj1101

Ya i have heard that. But everytime i call Verizon the tech support have no record of said problem. But i see it all over internet. And all they seem to do is wanna replace the phone, which obviously does not fix it.

0 Likes
binkyj1101

Talked to Tech Support, they are making a ticket for me. They are going to have one of their technicians look into the towers and my area for the problem. The tech said the Altell switch wouldnt affect me, but who knows. I will get a call back in 3-5 days. I guess its a waiting game, hope the problem is found and resolved!!!

0 Likes
binkyj1101

Alot of discussion of crappy jumping signal on Verizon. So i wanted to show video of mine aka proof! lol   Most up to date PRL and Verizon OS.  This happens in all different areas.  Happens when sitting in one spot as seen in vid.  I believe there is a problem somewhere within verizon towers.  As you can see, the signal jumps from full or close to full to none.  Doesnt slowly go up or down, just jumps!!   
And yes the vids are nothing but quiet and my screen! lol
0 Likes