Re: Blackberry signal issue
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem solved.Call verizon,or go to a local store,they will order you a new phone if its under warranty.they beleive it is the phone itself.so hopefully the problem gets fixed.

0 Likes
hadleyzoo

Nope....it's not the phones.  Went that route yesterday and the store said our phones are fine.  I find it hard to believe that for me it's the phones....2 blackberries and an LG ENV?  If it were just the blackberries or the ENV, then maybe...but it's happening with anyone who comes to our house that is a Verizon user.

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having same problems as you.i thought it was the phones but its verizon.I am fed up with it.im literally angry and it takes alot to make me mad.i left att  because of the problems.its like the first few months never drop a signal.then boom same as att.I dont know what more can be done.but if i got to walk outside to talk on the phone,i may aswell just get a regular house phone.

i seen some items u can buy that supposely amplify your signals.but i refuse to buy anything.its just rediculus.

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

So anymore advice ?.What more can we do.They shipped me another blackberry 8530.Its doing same thing.

Updated the os.made sure everything is up to date.Updated my roaming capabilities.We dont upgrade till july which is alil over 2 months away. It cant be the phones thats having these issues.it has to be verizon.But whats weird is the first phone i had with verizon never not once dropped a call,or a signal..And another thing? i lose my network.It goes from 3g too 1x.dont know.

I tried everything.im very dissapointed because for one its like paying for something that dont work fully.

Like paying the note of a truck with a blown engine.

Anymore ideas would gladly be appreciated.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would try to downgrade the OS software.  Try 5.0.0.886 which can be downloaded from Verizon at http://appstore.vzw.com.edgesuite.net/download/firmware/BB8530MR3/8530AMEA_PBr5.0.0_rel1493_PL4.2.0....

Hope that works.

Doc

0 Likes
hadleyzoo

Sorry but it cannot be the software. Again I'm not talking about this happening to just a blackberry, but also the LG ENV on our plan.  It also happens to ANYONE who comes to my house that is on Verizon.  Found out that I have a few neighbors on Verizon having the same exact problems.  So it all cannot be the phones, it all cannot be the operating systems, and it all cannot be operator error.  And it cannot be my house now that I know that other neighbors are having the same problem.  We've been in our house for 7 years and this has been going on for about the last 9 months now.

0 Likes
Canam800r
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried the os .still same problem.I am to the last straw right now.unless they have some sort of fix.again i got to go outside to talk . out of the comfort of my home. i rely on my cellphone quite a bit  as its my main phone.thats how friends keep intouch with me etc. So what option is there left to do.like i said i dont upgrade till july.and the funny thing is ,others who have verizon phones in this house  have no issues. I wish i would not have spilt anything on my first blackberry.  i would still have it without any problems. Guess no one has anymore ideas.Yall should make this thread unsolved instead of solved.

I hope im not seeming rude or anything.Just frustrated

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

hadleyzoo wrote:

Sorry but it cannot be the software. Again I'm not talking about this happening to just a blackberry, but also the LG ENV on our plan.  It also happens to ANYONE who comes to my house that is on Verizon.  Found out that I have a few neighbors on Verizon having the same exact problems.  So it all cannot be the phones, it all cannot be the operating systems, and it all cannot be operator error.  And it cannot be my house now that I know that other neighbors are having the same problem.  We've been in our house for 7 years and this has been going on for about the last 9 months now.

Hey,

Glad you told us about other brand of phones having the same problem.  Quite obviously, it has to be a problem with the towers or network.  Not sure what if anything we, as users, can do about it.  It seems like this must be a Verizon problem.  Thanks again for updating us in the forum that it is not a problem unique to the Blackberry.

Doc

0 Likes
hadleyzoo

We had a technical service issue open for a couple weeks about this.  For about a week we were told that when we drop a call to dial *** and send.  That sort of flagged the call for the tech service people to look at.  My understanding is that from there their service personnel drove the area we live along with some surrounding communities and said that all their signals/towers are fine.  Duh....that's not where the problem is occuring.  I've told them a dozen times it's when I'm IN THE HOUSE.  I can stand in my driveway and talk no problem, but the second I step foot through the door, calls are lost.  And why for 7 years has this not been a problem except for in the last 9 months or so?  It's all very ODD to me and Verizon has been no help.

Getting ready to take my $200+ a month elsewhere.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

hadleyzoo wrote:

Getting ready to take my $200+ a month elsewhere.

Hi,

Can't say I blame you.  I am sure all the others who own smartphones, especially on a family plan, expect service to be great.  I use my phone as my only phone.  I did away with my "landline" a couple of years ago.  It didn't make sense to have both since anyone I wanted to talk to called on my cell phone.  If it did not work from inside my house, I would be upset, too.  In my area in Mississippi, we really only have two choices for good service, Verizon or Cellular South.  Fortunately for me, I have not had the problems you have been having, but I can sympathize with you. 

Doc

0 Likes