Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Bold 9560 & OS 6 Not Offered?
boogus

I want to update to OS 6 on my Blackberry Bold 9560,  because I'm told that OS 6 will recognize the Apple Lossless Compression music files that make up 95% of my library.
I keep being told there's no update available to OS 5, but obviously there is, because a number of people in this community have complained about it.:smileywink:
Will it do what I want?
Is there some schedule for making it available to my phone?
Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Bold 9560 & OS 6 Not Offered?
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

For more on how to update your software, see Verizon's page at http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5333 and you will find instructions.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

For more on how to update your software, see Verizon's page at http://support.vzw.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5333 and you will find instructions.

Doc

0 Likes
boogus

Thanks, Doc. Brilliant OS. **bleep** shame it still can't recognize .wav or Apple lossless files.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hey,

I agree with you, some better support could be there for those who have Apple Lossless music files.  I wonder if you did a search, if there might be a program on the internet that would convert the files?  I know a lot of folks who use Blackberry devices also have a lot of music in that format on their iPod Touch devices.  Keep us updated if you find a resource that can convert.  (Keep in mind Verizon's community policy of not posting any links for 3rd party software...just a little FYI). 

Doc

0 Likes