Bold 9650 Lag/Freeze for a few to 30+ seconds - No reboot
mdjordan

I have seen numerous complaints about 6.0 and reboots. My phone isn't rebooting however it lags anywhere from a few seconds to over 30 seconds. This happens anywhere in the phone from navigation to selection to typing in email, text, etc... I have Quickpull and autoboot every night... Thoughts? It is pretty frustrating to not know (i.e.) when it is lagging and accidently making the wrong selection, which sometimes prompts a call back to a client I didn't want to make, then when I try to hang up, it lags again...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bold 9650 Lag/Freeze for a few to 30+ seconds - No reboot
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Sorry your device is not performing like you want it to perform.  Have you tried updating your PRL?  From your device, dial *228 and select option 2.  Don't hang up until it completes the update.  When done, you might want to pull the battery one more time. 

Doc

0 Likes
mdjordan

Did this after reading other posts and no luck. It seems to have been getting worse over the past month and no new apps...

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

If your device gets to where it is not responding well, you may consider performing a security wipe and reloading your device's software.  If you need assistance for that task, just let us know here in the forums.

Doc

0 Likes
mdjordan

Wanted to avoid that but might be the be the best at this point...

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Another suggestion, if I may - is the SIM card installed? Try removing it or reversing it - it seems that helped with the "lagging" in a few cases.

Or if you have already wiped and reinstalled, did that help?
0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you to all the community members who have contribute to this post.

Hello mdjordan,

I can understand the importance of having your device working properly. Please make sure you have the Global mode setting disable while you are in the United States since this will help with the slow response of your Blackberry. You can check this by following these steps:

1. Select Options.
  2. Select Network and Connections.
  3. Select Mobile Network.
  4. If your Network Technology is set to Global switch to 1XEV.

0 Likes