Bold 9650 Ringer Volume
ColdnFrosty

I picked up a new Bold 9650 and find that I have to set the ringer and alert volumes 3 settings higher than I had on the Tour 9630 to get that same volume as the Tour. Seems that others are having the same issue (both VZW and Sprint). Is there a software fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bold 9650 Ringer Volume
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

ColdnFrosty wrote:

I picked up a new Bold 9650 and find that I have to set the ringer and alert volumes 3 settings higher than I had on the Tour 9630 to get that same volume as the Tour. Seems that others are having the same issue (both VZW and Sprint). Is there a software fix for this?

Hey,

Wow, could this be our first reported problem with the new Bold here in the Verizon forums?  Anyways, I looked around the internet and could not find much on the problem.  Are you running the default ringtones and alert tones that came on the device or are you using custom ringtones?  I will keep looking for an answer for you.

Doc

0 Likes
PACWEST

I've had the same problem with this new BB Bold and the Bold 9700 (GSM Version). So I'd say it's something new BB is doing with their devices. 

0 Likes
mindless7676

My girlfriend and I have notice that the volume is not as loud and hard to hear your phone at times. Hope they can fix this problem.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

See if the latest software update solves the problem.  It is 5.0.0.732.  The software can be downloaded at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/

Doc

0 Likes
William_M
Enthusiast - Level 3

What OS are you currently running?  Do you have a case or skin on your phone?

0 Likes