Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Bold 9650 can't connect to email server
Motorbiker

After having verizon shift service from this Blackberry Bold 9650 OS6 and then re-instating it to service, the phone will not connect to the e-mail server.  Cannot send or receive e-mails.  Set up shows correct e-mail address and service provider.  It all worked correctly prior to the disconnect / rec-connect.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Bold 9650 can't connect to email server
Motorbiker

Problem was that Verizon did not turn off the e-mail block that was put on the account while I had the other phone turned on. All is good now.

Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello to you Motorbiker!

Having your email up and running on your Blackberry is definitely important! I absolutely apologize for the concerns you're having with the connection to the email service. I want to clarify. You mentioned the services shifted and were reinstated. Was this shift in service to a different phone or account number? Are the email services personal or enterprise/business accounts? Are you able to use other data services such as the web browser?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I would try deleting the email accounts, rebooting the 9650, then recreating the email accounts.Post back if that doesn't work, and we can further troubleshoot....

0 Likes
Motorbiker

Problem was that Verizon did not turn off the e-mail block that was put on the account while I had the other phone turned on. All is good now.

Jim

0 Likes