Bold 9650 drops every call
carterbeauford

I've had a total of 3 bold 9650s on Verizon now since last September. long story short they simply cannot complete a phone call without dropping it. I received a warranty replacement 3 days ago, I have made 3 calls with it, and every single one has dropped. I have called Verizon tech support 30 or so times and they have no solution other than to keep sending me new phones. they ask if it happens in one area, no, it happens all over the country. I was in Texas for a week in March and every single call I made or received dropped, even in major metro areas like Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and so on. 

this happens while moving, the device can't hand off from one tower to another without dropping a call. I also notice most of the time when I try to use the internet, it says communication failure. sometimes it will work, but I usually have to reset the device in order to get the internet to work. any solution other than to find a different phone? I like the phone otherwise. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bold 9650 drops every call
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Since it seems to happen with multiple devices, my gut says it's more signal issues than the phone itself (but I could be wrong). I have the Bold and have not had a problem with dropped calls or communication errors, and I've traveled throughout California, to NY, Pennsylvania, and the only times the service was inconsistent was up in the Sierras where I expected that - I know signal is spotty where we stay.

Is the device set to 1EXV and auto select Network Technology? Are you using any wi-fi connections? Which OS are you using?
0 Likes
mtacconi

3 different phone in 3 weeks.

0 Likes
mtacconi

I have not had service this poor with verizon.

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

mtacconi wrote:

3 different phone in 3 weeks.

Thanks to SuzyQ for your input. Hello mtacconi, in meaning you had three different phones in three weeks, What specific service issues are you having? If you are still having issues, please give specific details about them for suggestions in helping you with a resolution. If the issue you are experiencing is dropped calls, please do a soft reset on your device to refresh the signals to the towers in your location. This action does not affect the data on your device and can help with a drop call issue. Here's a link to our website for providing you additional help with your BlackBerry Bold device. 

0 Likes