Bold 9650 freezes when uploading pics (Facebook v1.9? issue?)
kfa1217

I have the Bold 9650 and use v5.0.0.975 and upgraded to the new Facebooko v1.9 as soon as it was available (did not get the beta app, I waited) and ever since I did whenever I go to take a pic and upload it to FB, my phone freezes and locks up. Every time! IF it decides to unfreeze (and that has only happened less than 1/2 a dozen times) then it will not allow me to cick on any other icons on my phones main screen...sms, contacts, email, browser. The only other solution is a battery pull and that is getting old REALLY quick!

Well, let me just say that this is when I noticed the problem...I am assuming it is tied to the FB upgrade, but I could be wrong.

I have tried posting on Crackberry.com and not gotten any helpful advice so wondering if someone in here could help me with some suggestions to prevent this from happening every time.

I am thisclose to doing a complete system wipe and starting over to see if that would help...but that would be my last resort, obviously!

Thanks in advance for your response!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bold 9650 freezes when uploading pics (Facebook v1.9? issue?)
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Currently there are some issues with the Facebook v1.9 update. There is not an estimated date for a maintenance release to address those issues.   As a possible work around try uploading pictures using the mobile browser, by logging into Facebook and navigating the page to load pictures. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Currently there are some issues with the Facebook v1.9 update. There is not an estimated date for a maintenance release to address those issues.   As a possible work around try uploading pictures using the mobile browser, by logging into Facebook and navigating the page to load pictures. 

0 Likes
kfa1217

Android10 wrote:

Thank you for at least confirming that I wasn't the only one in the world to have this issue . . . I was really beginning to wonder since noone would post, a lot of views, but no replies. I hope BB gets on the stick then cuz this is truly annoying! Thanks!

0 Likes
oyyveyy

The problem is not just when uploading pics to FB, but with merely using fb!!   I'm doing a battery pull several times a day!!

0 Likes
valene13

Hi!!  I have the same exact issue, we are both not alone and i'm soo happy i actually found someone else that is having this happen.  I'm not happy we have this problem cause i know its exhausting.  DO NOT DO A SECURITY WIPE!  It won't help.  I've done a wipe and verizon just replaced my phone on Friday and i am still having this issue.  Also, i'm now running v 5.0.0.1006 so its not the os like i thought it was.  I am starting to think it is the fb app.  Maybe should just uninstall fb and wait for an updated version, i don't know...

Hope this helps alittle...

Valene

0 Likes
kfa1217

valene13 wrote:

Hi!!  I have the same exact issue, we are both not alone and i'm soo happy i actually found someone else that is having this happen.  I'm not happy we have this problem cause i know its exhausting.  DO NOT DO A SECURITY WIPE!  It won't help.  I've done a wipe and verizon just replaced my phone on Friday and i am still having this issue.  Also, i'm now running v 5.0.0.1006 so its not the os like i thought it was.  I am starting to think it is the fb app.  Maybe should just uninstall fb and wait for an updated version, i don't know...

Hope this helps alittle...

Valene

Valene: I never did the security wipe - I upgraded to OS 6.0.0.028 and am STILL having this problem with uploading pics using the FB app as well as the mobile site...I have 11 months left before my NE2 and will more than likely be switching to an Android at that time...ticks me off that every time I want to upload a pic and share it that I have to do a freakin battery pull. Sure hope the powers-that-be at FB and BB see these posts and get to steppin on a fix!

0 Likes