Bold 9930 esc key bug
Windspeed

At periodic times on the 7.0.0.254 OS which comes on the Bold, the esc key will stop performing the action of taking you back one page, but instead will bring up the task switcher.  There is no rhyme or reason as to when it will happen, but it is happening several times a day, and I've only had the phone for 2 day's.  The only fix I've found is a hard reset.

One can use the menu key to bring up the list and scroll down to the "back" entry and select it, so there is a sort of a work around, but it appears to be a bug in the OS.

Can anyone confirm the bug, and know a) if there is a keystroke workaround that wouldn't require a hard reset, and b) know when the bug fix might be released in the OS?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bold 9930 esc key bug
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Windspeed wrote:

At periodic times on the 7.0.0.254 OS which comes on the Bold, the esc key will stop performing the action of taking you back one page, but instead will bring up the task switcher.  There is no rhyme or reason as to when it will happen, but it is happening several times a day, and I've only had the phone for 2 day's.  The only fix I've found is a hard reset.

One can use the menu key to bring up the list and scroll down to the "back" entry and select it, so there is a sort of a work around, but it appears to be a bug in the OS.

Can anyone confirm the bug, and know a) if there is a keystroke workaround that wouldn't require a hard reset, and b) know when the bug fix might be released in the OS?

I can't confirm, but here is an apparent workaround until the problem is fixed in the OS (from Crackberry.com)

FIX1: Simply press the lock button on the top twice when this happens and it will get you out of it. OR Press ALT and CAPS 2 time.

Apparently this is a known problem.  There are newer versions of the OS available (from other vendors and hybrid versions) that may address this.  Your best bet is to google to find these new OS versions or go to the site referenced above.

Good luck

0 Likes