Re: Bold or Droid?
brcarn7

Thank you so much for the information.  I am definitely going to pick up the Bold today.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

brcarn7 wrote:

Thank you so much for the information.  I am definitely going to pick up the Bold today.  Thanks again!

Let us know how you like it!  Or not, as the case may be.  Inquiring minds want to know.....

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SydneyK wrote:

After giving it a go for a week, I ended up returning the Android device and reactivating my BlackBerry. I had to see what the hype was about, but Android wasn't for me. I really missed the simplicity and familiarity of my BlackBerry. I wasn't crazy about the touch-screen and I really did not like the horizontal sliding keyboard ... it was awkward for me and I found myself not replying to messages so I didn't have to use it.

I won't bore you with all the things I didn't like about Android in general, but I've tried many other devices and can't find anything that comes close to BlackBerry's security, keyboard, and push e-mail capabilities (that also use data much more efficiently).

I think Android is a fun, exciting platform though and I'm glad I tried it.

:smileysurprised::smileysurprised:  Once a blackberry user....always will be a blackberry user?  Yeah touch screen does take some getting used to. I know for myself it took me awhile to warm up to the touch screen on my phone. Then I got to not minded it and actually do like it. I guess everyone is different

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Ha! You're so right ... There's no getting off the Crack for some of us. Happy to be back, even with the quirks ... For instance, I can't close out of App World without doing a battery pull. :smileyhappy:

Hope you like your new Bold, brcarn7 ... Let us know!
0 Likes
Jude526

I have played with the Android phones so many times and I cannot leave Blackberry.  I love the Bold and everyone I talk to who has a BB says the same thing.  If you are into all the games and hoopla Droid offers, then go for it.  I rely on my email and clear phone calls, text messages  can listen to my music. I dont play games.  I love the BB design as well.  It is reliable and the new OS 6 when it is released along with the webkit browser will just be awesome.  But in the meantime, all is fine with my BB

You have to make the choice yourself. It is a personal choice.  But you have 30 days to make the choice and have to pay a 35.00 restocking fee if you change your mind.  Some people like the Android and there are those who return to BB

So play with them and then make your decision

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jude526 wrote:

You have to make the choice yourself. It is a personal choice.  But you have 30 days to make the choice and have to pay a 35.00 restocking fee if you change your mind.  Some people like the Android and there are those who return to BB

So play with them and then make your decision

Excellent advice - I've given the same advice many times.  No one can tell you what is going to work best for you.  And the only wqay to know is to play with the phones, and actually use them, and see how you like them (or not)!

I'm considering moving up to a Blackberry or Droid from my Voyager, and based on the discussions I'm reading and how people use them, I'm tending towards the Blackberry.  But I have yet to go to a store and handle each of them, push the buttons, play with the menus, etc....and I won't really know till I'm using it, taking calls, sending messages, etc.

What's perfect for me may not work at all for you.  To each his (or her) own and all that....

0 Likes
alzie

Do your self a FAVOR, and steer clear of the bold. We have had nothing but disasterous results from our phones and customer service. Not even worth taking a chance. Go with the Droid

0 Likes
StanleyDraughon

TheGreatOne wrote:

I would recommend geting one of the Droid phones. Droid X is newer then the Incrediable. If you want the newest android toy then go with the X.

My bother has the Droid Incredible and a close friend has the Droid X.  I have an 8330 with the standard battery and wouldn't trade it for both of the Droids.  I am a heavy user and the battery in my 8330 outlasts either of the Droids easily.  There is a lot to like about the Droids (screen mainly) but they are BLOATED with crapware and the touchscreen keyboards are not in the league with any BB keyboard.  Of course, your mileage may vary!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would imagine just from looking at the large colorful screen on the Droid X, it is going to use a lot more battery power just because of the larger screen than a BB.  From playing around with my sister's Droid X, it is a really good competitor for the iPhone, with the touch screen and all other features.  I can only imagine a year from now what kind of apps will be available, as the number of apps increases every time I look at its available apps.  However, I love my Bold.  It does everything I want as far as messaging, emailing, and more.  Two different devices for which each device has some great features.

Doc

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

I would imagine just from looking at the large colorful screen on the Droid X, it is going to use a lot more battery power just because of the larger screen than a BB.  From playing around with my sister's Droid X, it is a really good competitor for the iPhone, with the touch screen and all other features.  I can only imagine a year from now what kind of apps will be available, as the number of apps increases every time I look at its available apps.  However, I love my Bold.  It does everything I want as far as messaging, emailing, and more.  Two different devices for which each device has some great features.

Doc

Doc, I hate to admit it but most all android phones have poor battery life. It does not really bother me though because I just love all the features on the phone. When comparing the battery life between a Droid X or another android phone to a blackberry....I got to say Blackberry wins. There ARE ways to improve battery like on your android phone. Just get an extended battery for the phone or even the app Power Manager Full. You should see a good change....

0 Likes