Enthusiast - Level 2
nope
0 Likes
Re: Broadband - can I use my phone for web and vioce at the same time
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

bbraucht3 wrote:
nope
and I thought AT&T's commericals were lying about the web + voice as same time. Do you know if it would work if a phone was on 3G? Or still no?
0 Likes
Bsmith151

My understanding of why simultaneous voice and data use is not possible on Verizon and Sprint is that it is a limitation of CDMA technology (Verizon & Sprint) vs.. GSM technology (AT&T & T-Mobile), but someone with a more technical background can explain in detail.  I also have read that once Verizon in the future has implemented LTE that simultaneous voice and data will be possible, however widespread availability is some time off I would assume.  

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It is not possible on any smartphone to use data while in a telephone call.  If you try, you will get an error message of sorts that states something to the fact.

Doc

0 Likes
absolutejesse

I call shenanigans on that... If you have a device that is wifi capable then you can browse the web and talk... But ONLY wifi capable phones!!!

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

It is not possible on any smartphone to use data while in a telephone call.  If you try, you will get an error message of sorts that states something to the fact.

Doc

Thank you for answering my question. I thought maybe you could. I've got the G1 (except on T-mobile network) and never could browse the web + talk with edge network on it at same time.Once 3G came on the phone then I could.
0 Likes
Re: Broadband - can I use my phone for web and voice at the same time
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I stand corrected.  I was reminded of the ATT commercial where the guy checks the web while on a call.  I only tried it on my Tour, which does not have Wifi.  Thanks for reminding me about the Wifi thing.

Doc

0 Likes