Browser page blacks out.
carpnet

2 times I have had my browser page black out.  The last time it did I followed the troubleshooting process.  The final instruction was to do a security sweep.  The bad part about doing this is you loose all your data, including your contact information and email.  It does work to resolve the issue.  But it would be nice for the blackout to not happen at all.  Any ideas on why the blackout is happening or a better way to get my browser screen back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Browser page blacks out.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carpnet, I agree that a security sweep can be cumbersome and understand that you would want to avoid it. Pay attention to the applications you download, and only download one at a time. If you start to have issues with the browser after a new application, uninstall that one. I'm glad that everything is working after the security sweep. Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Browser page blacks out.
carpnet

Third time I have had to do a security wipe.  I have not downloaded any applications little alone more than one at time.  I use the weather app that came with the phone.  When I use the map link from the weather app it goes to a blank black screen.  Along with this and the problems with the camera locking up to the point I have to pull the battery, I think I made a bad choice when I chose this phone. 

0 Likes