Buying and playing commercial videos on BlackBerry Bold
fkny7

I'd like to buy videos the way my wife does off iTunes and play them on my BlackBerry, but I was told I couldn't use those from iTunes. Where can I buy videos that can play on the BlackBerry? What format must the videos be in? Or can I buy an iTunes video and recode it by changing the suffixes?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buying and playing commercial videos on BlackBerry Bold
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello fkny7. I have read your post and understand your concern for buying videos on your Blackberry Bold. With iTunes, it is not support by Verizon Wireless at which it will not allow you to access on your device. Here are some formats that are supported.

Supported media types available for playback using the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones

BlackBerry® smartphone users can open media files that are stored in the built-in media storage or on the media card using the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones.

Video
The following video formats are supported:

•  
    • MPEG-1
    • MPEG-4
    • WMV

The following video formats are supported when the required video codecs are installed on a BlackBerry smartphone user’s computer:

•  
    • DivX® – Available at the DivX web site
    • Xvid® - Available at the DivX web site
    • MOV – Requires Apple Quicktime
    • 3GP – Requires Apple Quicktime
    • MPEG-2 – Requires MPEG-2 decoders

Music
The following audio formats are supported:

•  
    • MP3
    • AAC
    • AMR
    • WMA
    • WAV
    • MIDI
    • FLAC

The following audio format is supported when the Dolby® decoder is installed on a BlackBerry smartphone user’s computer:

AC3

Pictures
The following picture formats are supported:

•  
    • TIFF
    • PNG
    • JPG
    • BMP
    • GIF

Documents
The following document formats are supported:

•  
    • XLS
    • PPT
    • PPS
    • DOC
    • PDF
    • RTF
    • TXT 

Additional Information
The system requirements to run Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones include the following:

•  Windows Vista™ Home, Business, Ultimate, Windows® XP Home, Pro, MCE (Service Pack 2), Windows XP Pro x64 Edition, or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or later
    • Windows Media® Player 10 or later, if the computer is running Windows Vista or Windows XP
    • Windows® Internet Explorer® 6 or later
    • Microsoft® DirectX® 9 or later compatible sound card and graphics card
    • Apple QuickTime 7 or later
    • 1 GB of free hard disk space
    • CD-ROM drive to install the software
    • 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card  

0 Likes