I'd like to buy videos the way my wife does off iTunes and play them on my BlackBerry, but I was told I couldn't use those from iTunes. Where can I buy videos that can play on the BlackBerry? What format must the videos be in? Or can I buy an iTunes video and recode it by changing the suffixes?
Hello fkny7. I have read your post and understand your concern for buying videos on your Blackberry Bold. With iTunes, it is not support by Verizon Wireless at which it will not allow you to access on your device. Here are some formats that are supported.
Supported media types available for playback using the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones
BlackBerry® smartphone users can open media files that are stored in the built-in media storage or on the media card using the Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones.
The following video formats are supported:
The following video formats are supported when the required video codecs are installed on a BlackBerry smartphone user’s computer:
- DivX® – Available at the DivX web site
- Xvid® - Available at the DivX web site
- MOV – Requires Apple Quicktime
- 3GP – Requires Apple Quicktime
- MPEG-2 – Requires MPEG-2 decoders
The following audio formats are supported:
The following audio format is supported when the Dolby® decoder is installed on a BlackBerry smartphone user’s computer:
The following picture formats are supported:
The following document formats are supported:
The system requirements to run Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry smartphones include the following:
- Windows Vista™ Home, Business, Ultimate, Windows® XP Home, Pro, MCE (Service Pack 2), Windows XP Pro x64 Edition, or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 or later
- Windows Media® Player 10 or later, if the computer is running Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Windows® Internet Explorer® 6 or later
- Microsoft® DirectX® 9 or later compatible sound card and graphics card
- Apple QuickTime 7 or later
- 1 GB of free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive to install the software
- 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card