Caller ID question
ramjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

This may not be the correct forum for this question, but I'll ask anyway.  Where is the name used for caller ID stored (the name that shows up on the phone of the party I call)?  I have a Storm 2 (9550) on Verizon.  Is this a Storm function or a Verizon function?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Caller ID question
RCA

It's a Verizon function. I dont know what options you will have other than "Wireless Caller" or "Private".

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

ramjet wrote:

This may not be the correct forum for this question, but I'll ask anyway.  Where is the name used for caller ID stored (the name that shows up on the phone of the party I call)?  I have a Storm 2 (9550) on Verizon.  Is this a Storm function or a Verizon function?

Hi,

The way Caller ID works on your device is the number of the incoming (or outgoing) call is associated with numbers in your address book stored on your device.  For example, if 123-456-7890 is an incoming call and that number is stored on your device as "Grandma," then it would show as Grandma and 123-456-7890.  Even though Grandma's telephone might be listed with the telephone company as her real name, your Blackberry would associate the number with what ever name you have stored. So, to answer your question, it is a Storm function.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
ramjet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I understand what you are saying, but that doesn't seem to explain what I have experienced.  I'll be more specific.  I call my sister in Arizona (long distance) from my BB, and her caller ID (landline, but I'm not sure what carrier) displays the name of my company.  She has no idea where it came from. She didn't program her phone with that info.  She didn't even know who was calling her when she saw the caller ID.  I haven't done anything on my end (that I am aware of) either.  I tried the same thing at home by calling my house landline (Qwest) from my BB, and, sure enough, my company name was displayed.  I live in southern New Mexico.  Also, my Verizon account is a personal one, not my company.  I'm at a total loss as to how this can happen.

0 Likes