Can I access my desktop computer using my Blackberry?
ajupsman

Does anyone know of a program I can download that will allow me to use my Blackberry Tour to access my desktop computer at my office?  I use GoToMyPC to access it with my laptop but it doesn't work on my Blackberry.  I'm looking for an app that is compatible with the Tour. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I access my desktop computer using my Blackberry?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Previously, Blackberry users could use Blackberry Unite software to remotely access files on their PC from their devices.  Blackberry Unite was cancelled by RIM earlier this year.  I believe another solution would be a 3rd party application called SugarSync.  It will allow you to remotely access files on your PC from your device. It is a tool that can be used for remote backing up of your files.  It does cost and you would have to go to their website for details. 

Personally, I think you could setup a bluetooth connection on your PC and connect that way through Blackberry Desktop Manager in order to backup files.  You could store your backups on a remotely networked backup device such as a networked external hard drive. 

Doc

0 Likes
ajupsman

Has anyone ever used this program called rdmplus to access a desktop through a Blackberry?

{no third party software/apps links please}

0 Likes
applepiter

somebody recently turned me on to (orb), you go to orb.com to download program to your pc, this alows you remote access to the info on your computer, from any mobile device.

ive bin using it for about a week now and it seems to work well, and it is free.

i hope this helps you...

0 Likes
ever1ast

+1 for Orb

Reasons to try it:

-For starters its totally free.

-They've just released an updated version to render smoother streaming video.

-Allows access to all the stored media on your home network (including external drives if set up properly) - movies, pictures, documents, music,
-Allows you to save files to your remote computer or device from home computer

-Ability to stream TV if you have a tuner installed

-Remote monitoring of your webcam/s (<-Awesome Feature, like having a free security system)

-Requires only an internet connection to access - works with Handheld devices or other computers

Drawbacks:

-Does not allow you to run programs remotely (however you can shut down or re-start the Orb software remotely if needed)

If you need to be able to run the software on your desktop from your Blackberry , Orb won't do what you need. But if you just want access to your files anywhere, you can't beat the price for this program!

0 Likes