Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,683 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Can I add my work e-mail to my device?
rodya

I have a Blackberry Classic. I'm the only one at my office using a Blackberry. Everyone else has iphones. They are all able to get their microsoft outlook emails on their phone. I have followed the directions below, with the doman and mail server information i got from our IT guy, but i keep getting a message saying that "The server for account [name] is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily ofline. Check your account settings and try again." I've gone over this with my IT guy on the phone with me and i can't get it to work. He mentioned something about needing Blackberry Enterprise on the server? And said it was expensive. Is it not possible for me to just get my work emails on this phone without buying something else?

Here's what i did. I never got past step 6 in the "advanced" option at bottom.

If you're using BlackBerry 10, set up your account using Exchange ActiveSync. Exchange ActiveSync lets you synchronize email, calendar, contacts, tasks, and memos with your account. In most cases, your device will set up your account in just a few simple steps.
On the BlackBerry 10 home screen, select Settings.
On the System Settings page, select Accounts. If you haven't yet created any accounts, select Add Account.
On the Add Account page, select Email, Calendar, and Contacts.
Type your email address and select Next.
Type your password and select Next. The Looking up connection information message displays. Your device tries to set up your email account automatically.
If it finds your connection information, specify the information you want to synchronize with your account, and selectDone. You will see your account listed on the Accounts list. Go to the BlackBerry Hub to access your email account.
If it can't set find your connection information, you'll see a message recommending that you use advanced setup steps. If this is the case, see the next procedure.
Use the following steps to use advanced settings to set up your Exchange ActiveSync connection to your account.
On the BlackBerry 10 home screen, select Settings.
On the System Settings page, select Accounts. If you haven't yet created any accounts, select Add Account.
To get to advanced setup, on the Add Account page, select Email, Calendar, and Contacts. Then, select the menu icon beneath the Email Address box to access advanced setup options.
On the Advanced Setup page, select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
Enter the settings for your account as follows. If you had just tried the previous procedure, some of these settings may already be entered for you.
In Description, give your account a name.
If you are using Office 365, leave the Domain field blank. If you are not using Office 365 and your admin gave you a domain setting, enter that in the Domain box.
In Email Address, type your full email address.
In Username, type your full email address.
In Password, type your password.
In Server address, if you are using Office 365, type outlook.office365.com. If you are not using Office 365, type the server address provided by your admin.
Select Next. The Checking for supported services and policy information message displays.
On the next page, specify the information you want to sync, and then select Done. The Saving and verifying your settings message displays.
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1 (5 Views)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activesync
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rodya, sounds like you have been doing all that you can to get your Microsoft office email on your Blackberry Classic. Help is here to get you pointed in the right direction. I feel that you have done all the necessary steps to getting this done. What you now need to do is get access from Blackberry to get things set up on the administrative side. All you need to do is connect Blackberry directly as they will help you set it up. Click here for their direct support page and click on Blackberry Enterprise Server located in the Enterprise Software and Service sections. http://spr.ly/6584BUUEj

Natasha-
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Activesync
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rodya, sounds like you have been doing all that you can to get your Microsoft office email on your Blackberry Classic. Help is here to get you pointed in the right direction. I feel that you have done all the necessary steps to getting this done. What you now need to do is get access from Blackberry to get things set up on the administrative side. All you need to do is connect Blackberry directly as they will help you set it up. Click here for their direct support page and click on Blackberry Enterprise Server located in the Enterprise Software and Service sections. http://spr.ly/6584BUUEj

Natasha-
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes