Can I swap the SIM card between my blackberry and another device?
mrproduxn

I am a Dept of Defense employee that cannot have a camera phone at work.I have the 9650 non camera and have used BB phones for 10 years with excellent service.I would like to buy another nice phone with a camera and full screen for my off work hours.My BB phone has a full size sim.If I purchase a nice phone that can hold my BB sim can I swap phones between work and home on the same phone line.I am already paying through the teeth for the great vzn service and hate to change to AT&T for this option.Many of my coworkers have AT&T and swap sim cards and phones effortlessly.For what I pay for 3 lines with vzn I could SAVE $25 a month and have 4 lines from AT&T which solves my dilemma.But I do think vzn is the best service.I am a vzn stockholder too.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM swapping between blackberry and another phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The BlackBerry 9650 BlackBerry Bold 9650 specs was a CDMA smartphone which was global ready for overseas use. When it was activated on the Verizon Wireless network it only connected via the CDMA radios. This means it doesn't use the SIM card except when overseas roaming on a GSM network. You can't swap the SIM card between the Blackberry and another more recent 4G LTE phone. The 4G LTE devices use a different SIM card and connects to the Verizon Wireless network differently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: SIM swapping between blackberry and another phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The BlackBerry 9650 BlackBerry Bold 9650 specs was a CDMA smartphone which was global ready for overseas use. When it was activated on the Verizon Wireless network it only connected via the CDMA radios. This means it doesn't use the SIM card except when overseas roaming on a GSM network. You can't swap the SIM card between the Blackberry and another more recent 4G LTE phone. The 4G LTE devices use a different SIM card and connects to the Verizon Wireless network differently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes