Can I use a Blackberry 8530 from sprint on verizon?
kpro02

I have a sprint Blakberry 8530 that was used on the Sprint network. It is no longer active on Sprint.  We have a Verizon Reality that we don't like and want to use the blackberry.  Can I use this phone (the 8530) on Verizon?  And what needs to be done to make it work (if anything)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use a Blackberry 8530 from sprint on verizon?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

You would need to flash over the phone to Verizon.It is possible to do I have heard,but might be hard to actually get the phone activated.

0 Likes
kpro02

How do you 'flash' over to verizon?  To switch phones on Verizon, you can do it online now.  The phone just needs to be set up for Verizon. 

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

You can definitely take it to a Verizon store to see if they can do it. It needs to be a CDMA phone to be compatible. Go to Options/About and see if the second line says CDMA.

0 Likes
SeniorCSR

Yes the phone can be FLASHED to verizon-wireless's software. No the company will not aid you in doing so due to their license agreement with the FCC. It states that Verizon Wireless can not activate phones registered to other carriers. This is due to change, but no-one knows when.

All sprint phones are CDMA. The only carriers that do not provide CDMA phones are T-mobile and At & T.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Verizon will not flash over the phone nor will Sprint.  I can't post any flashing/unlocking stuff here. You can google a 3rd party company that does that type of stuff

0 Likes