Can I use my Bold 9930 SIM card in a Droid Charge?
VolleyIL

Help! I have a Blackberry Bold 9930 and I would like to switch to a used phone I purchased, a Samsung Droid Charge! Will my SIM card be compatible? I attempted to activate the phone online and Verizon gave me an error when I entered the SIM card number that was in my Bold. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM card switch for Bold 9930
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The BlackBerry Bold 9930 is a CDMA device on Verizon.  It is a "world phone" which is why it has a SIM card slot, but that SIM card is NOT used on Verizon in the US.

You need to get an LTE SIM card in order to use the Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

The BlackBerry Bold 9930 is a CDMA device on Verizon.  It is a "world phone" which is why it has a SIM card slot, but that SIM card is NOT used on Verizon in the US.

You need to get an LTE SIM card in order to use the Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon.

0 Likes
VolleyIL

Weird. It is a Verizon SIM card that they put in the phone when I upgraded years back.

Does Verizon charge for a new SIM card that would work in the Samsung Droid? I am a currently Verizon customer.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you notice, it also reads "Vodaphone" on the SIM card.  You are not using that SIM card in the US.  It's for international use.

And no, they won't charge you for the SIM card.  Just go into a store or go through your account online.

0 Likes
VolleyIL

Thanks so much for your help!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VolleyIL!

You will need a 4G SIM card to activate your Samsung Droid Charge device as indicated by ttipgem (thanks!). You can pick one up (free) at any Verizon Wireless store http://bit.ly/3SdsA or we can send you one if you call *611 on your phone.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
folw

hi,how is your 9930? is it fast?

0 Likes