Re: Can anyone help me??
giggalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

i'm recieving sound for any other alerts..i'm just not getting any facebook alerts...its not even coming through my emails as well..

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
hey have you checked sound profile setting?
0 Likes
giggalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

what about the sound profile for it?  i havent chanced it from its usual settings when i was receiving facebook alerts

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

2 things I would try, go to Facebook on your PC and delete your email account and re do it on Facebook. Then on your Berry re-run the setup for facebook and see if it picks it up. (From Options when Facebook is running on Berry) Sorry to hear you are having these problems, I know how aggravating it can be when your e-mails and alerts don't work the way they should.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Okay...I see now, why not try out security wipe
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Security Wipe is a little extreame for a problem with 1 App. I would also suggest If my last post don't work to Go to options, Applications, Add-ons and edit the Permissions for Facebook, Mine are CUSTOM, CUSTOM, and ALLOW in that order.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
its not just app issues also email..don't think Facebook permissions will fix email.. Hey great suggestions though.
0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
I was thinking more like it could be a bug..
0 Likes
giggalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

okay went there to options applications etc..and their set to custom custom allow like you said...still nothing..

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

I take it everything else as far as E-Mail works for you except for Facebook? If so I have one more suggestion. On Blackberry BIS site check your active email accounts, Then go to Facebook and settings and make sure your E-Mail address is the same as a confirmed address in the BIS site. (one that's working for you now for regular mail) I would do all this from your PC. If this doesn't work, go back to the BIS site and delete the account that's not working and re-add it again, I had to do this on the BIS site to get my regular mail working again.

0 Likes