Can not recieve email
mapuccinelli

Hi everyone,

New user with Storm 2,

Been great phone I  love it.   For the past week I can not retrieve my email from 2 different accounts.

I can send email & receive it.  I have performed hard reboot, 

Any ideas?  Could any settings in the phone have changed?

Thanks, mark

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can not recieve email
Spiral
Master - Level 1

mapuccinelli wrote:

Hi everyone,

New user with Storm 2,

Been great phone I  love it.   For the past week I can not retrieve my email from 2 different accounts.

I can send email & receive it.  I have performed hard reboot, 

Any ideas?  Could any settings in the phone have changed?

Thanks, mark

Try to resend your service books.  Go to your email setup application and I believe (there is on my BB) there is a option in the menu for resending service books.  Good luck.

0 Likes
mapuccinelli

Hi,

resending books did not resolve issue.

Thank you, Mark

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If resending the service books did not work, then I would try to delete the email account from my Blackberry and then set it back up.  It should work then.  It is possible something in the settings got messed up.

Doc

0 Likes
mapuccinelli

Hi Doc,

This did not work either.  I can send email from the phone, it shows up on my PC.   I can see what i sent from the phone ON the phone.  When i hit the email icon on the phone to access my g mail account it always states no messages.  I can not veiw any of the messages that are in the g-mail inbox wether they have been read or not.

Thank you for your time, Mark

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I can think of at least a couple of reasons for this.

Check the settings on your PC. If you use an email client(Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) the client may be deleting the messages from the server after downloading them. You would then not be able to see them on your phone. Make sure the settings on your client have "leave the message on the server" checked.

If you are sending the message from your Gmail account to your Gmail account, Gmail does not always treat that like incoming mail. When I do this from my PC with an email client(Thunderbird), Thunderbird will not then download the message from Gmail, even though it is visible on the Gmail webpage. I assume that this has something to do with spam controls.

0 Likes