Can not use my phone
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can not use my Blackberry at all it is locked and says need to enter PUK code. I never had a password and I do not know what a PUK code is. I tryed upgrading downgrading the OS that loads but will not let me use the phone without entering the PUK code. What is a PUK code and any help with what I can do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can not use my phone
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Yes, 1XEV is Verizon's "3G" speed.

The GSM network is what one would use if traveling outside of the USA and then the SIM card would need to be activated/configured for use.  If you ever have that need, call Customer Service before your trip for help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

The PUK is the code required to unlock a GSM SIM card that has disabled itself after an incorrect PIN code was entered 3-5 times in a row.  You must have inadvertently done something to activate the SIM card.

As the SIM is not required to use the phone on the Verizon Network, I recommend that you remove it (or simply flip it backwards with the contacts facing outward) to allow access to your phone system.  You have not indicated what model Blackberry you have so I will guess that maybe you have a Bold 9650, the SIM card is under the battery cover on the LEFT side just under the battery.  You will have to remove the battery to remove the SIM.

After reinserting the battery and the phone boots, check your Network Technology (under Options/Networks and Connections/Mobile Network) and insure that it set to 1XEV and NOT set to GSM or Global.  The 1XEV setting will give you the best reception and data service.

Hope this solves your problem.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Ericuse165
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you it is the Bold 9650 and I will just flipit around. Is the 1XEV 3G speed on VZW networks?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Yes, 1XEV is Verizon's "3G" speed.

The GSM network is what one would use if traveling outside of the USA and then the SIM card would need to be activated/configured for use.  If you ever have that need, call Customer Service before your trip for help.

0 Likes