Can't get facebook app to work on new verizon Tour
ninamsher

I downloaded the app and when I try to log in I get a message that I can't log-in because there is no data plan found, however I do have the verizon data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get facebook app to work on new verizon Tour
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Delete the application. Reboot your device. Install the application and reboot your device again. Also, ensure that during the process of logging in you have 1XEV (not 1X or 1xev) and at least 2-3 bars.

0 Likes
ninamsher

I can't get it to delete? Normally I can delete an application by highlighting it and pressing the menu key but when I do that for the facebook app there is no option to delet, just move and hide.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You shouldn't be deleting apps like that anyway, it's the noob way. Click on your options icon then Advanced Options>Applications. Highlight Facebook, menu button, then delete.

0 Likes
ninamsher

Ok I deleted it, restarted, reinstalled, restarted. First try  to connect I got the data service error.  The next time I got an error "there was a problem while communicating with facebook." The next two times I started to get through and got "your login session has expired" before anything loaded and the time after that I got the data service message again.  I have 1xev and all bars. I had the same problems last night when I tried connecting as well, so I don't think it's just a problem with the facebook site.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

So you have 1xev instead of 1XEV? That means you're having a problem with your data services. Are you able to access other data services like web browsing and email?

Find the Manage Connections icon and click on it. Uncheck the box that says Mobile Network and it should turn red, then where your signal used to be it should say OFF.Toggle that a couple of times.

Also, try this: Click on your Options Icon>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu button and select Register Now. Check your messages inbox to confirm you got the registration message.

Also, try this: Log in to this website: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw with your Blackberry username/password. Don't have one? Create one. You'll need it for things like this. Once logged in click on Help on the left handside and click to resend your service books.

0 Likes
ninamsher

Actually I do have IXEV I just didn't have caps on when I sent that message.

I tried everything you said - and I'm still getting errors connecting - a problem while communicating with facebook  Also, when I tried to set up my account with the link you sent I got an error "Your account is not accesible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access blackberry internet service."

Do you know what that means?

thanks for your help!

0 Likes
ninamsher

Oh and also I am not having problems connecting to the internet or getting email otherwise.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Hmm. You should be able to click on that link from a PC.

Try clicking on the Email Settings icon. Here you can log in or create your @vzw.blackberry.net username/password. Once logged in hit your menu button then select Service Books and click on Send Service Books.

Also, let's check your application permission for Facebook. Again, go to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, highlight Facebook and hit your menu button and select Edit Default Permissions. Make sure all permission settings are configured to "Allow".

Keep in mind the Facebook app and the Facebook service in general is one of the most finicky things I've ever come across. Even more so than Twitter sometimes. So it may very well indeed be Facebook. Earlier today I was having trouble posting comments, all my other data services and applications were working fine. For about an hour I couldn't post a comment or "like" something.

0 Likes
jreilly37

I get that all the time. I can hardly ever login. I believe it is a FB issue and not an issue with the BB though.

0 Likes