Can't get phone to be recognized by rhapsody after upgrading to os 5.0
tyokum

I upgraded my storm and my wife's storm to 5.0.0.328.  When I plug my phone in to my computer it shows up as "removable disk g" and "removable disk k".  It used to show up as "blackberry 9530".  When I try to use it with rhapsody it does not show up unless I have it in mass storage mode.  I know I must have mass storage mode off to use it with rhapsody to go.  My wife's phone shows up as "blackberry 9530" after the upgrade and works with rhapsody.  Our memory settings are the same on the phones.  When I downgrade to 4.7 it works fine with rhapsody.  I really like the updates in 5.0 but would like to have rhapsody working with it.   Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't get phone to be recognized by rhapsody after upgrading to os 5.0
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

tyokum wrote:

I upgraded my storm and my wife's storm to 5.0.0.328.  When I plug my phone in to my computer it shows up as "removable disk g" and "removable disk k".  It used to show up as "blackberry 9530".  When I try to use it with rhapsody it does not show up unless I have it in mass storage mode.  I know I must have mass storage mode off to use it with rhapsody to go.  My wife's phone shows up as "blackberry 9530" after the upgrade and works with rhapsody.  Our memory settings are the same on the phones.  When I downgrade to 4.7 it works fine with rhapsody.  I really like the updates in 5.0 but would like to have rhapsody working with it.   Any suggestions?

Hi,

I think that Verizon is working on getting an update for 5.0.  I think a lot of folks were having issues with the upgrade and running Rhapsody.

Doc

0 Likes
RunSilent23
Contributor - Level 1

I have Rhapsody to Go as well.  After the update, I didn't notice that my memory settings to changed.  Make sure your Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) is set to On and that Mass Storage Mode (as you already noted) is set to off.  As soon as I changed the settings, I could use Rhapsody just like before. 

0 Likes
mbw62

I had the same problem.  Nothing worked until I downgraded to the previous operating system.  However, the upgrade messed something else up so I had to trade the handset in.  Rhapsody on the Go worked on the new handset.

0 Likes