Re: Can't receive text messages from iphone users
finsup317
Enthusiast - Level 2

Duane534, I understand the problem is with iPhone but if I buy a  BMW and the cruise control wont work, would BMW tell me to contact some company in China?  Verizon has known this is a problem and still continues to sell these phones every day. I'm thinking BBB or Consumer Fraud needs to be contacted.

0 Likes
duane534
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know if fraud would be applicable, but the BBB does need to be on Apple about this. It is bad business.

0 Likes
AustinBB
Enthusiast - Level 2

have the iphone users also delete their text history.  they shouldn't have to turn off imessage if you unregistered your apple account.  However it may be stored in their phone that you have imessage.  have them start from scratch also. 

0 Likes
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Indeed, this is not Verizon's fault nor is it BlackBerry's.  It is Apple's and the people who use them.  Even if you "unregistered" your phone number from Apple's servers, if people continue to use an old text/iMessage thread to send you messages, the Apple server is still going to deliver it as an iMessage, not a text because it remembered it from the previous times it was sent.

Why on earth do people keep long strings of texts anyway?  I delete them after the "conversation" is over.  Who wants to see a bunch of "When are you coming over?"  "I'm leaving right now"  "Cool, see you soon"  messages in your inbox?  People are lazy.

0 Likes
fore_

I just got my Note 3, have had it 3 days, and . . . I can't receive iphone text messages, only to find out this is an ongoing issue?  Please let me know what is happening and what is the fix now? 

Thank you!

0 Likes
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might want to read all of the messages in this post.  This is an Apple problem.  You must have had an iPhone before your Note.  You have to "de-register" your phone number with Apple.  I have no idea how to do this because I've never owned an iPhone.

Once you de-register the number, your friends who text you must delete any old text conversations that they started with you when you had the iPhone.  Once they do that, any new texts should go through just fine.

The reason your friends need to delete the old texts, even though you may have unregistered you phone number, is because their stupid iPhones still think YOU have an iPhone when they add additional texts to an existing text. The old text still tries to send via iMessage instead of the normal text system.

0 Likes
AOB

I have this problem too and I've NEVER owned an iPhone.  I changed from Sprint using Galaxy SII to Verizon using Galaxy Legend and I can't receive texts from two impotant people.  NEVER had probs with my Galaxy SII with Sprint. One has an iPhone and the other has a prepaid smart phone. Both people deleted their text threads with me. I now get texts from the prepaid smart phone user but NOT the iPhone user.  Looks like a Verizon problem to me!!!

0 Likes
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi AOB,

We want all of your text messages to work! What cellular company is the iPhone user with? Are you able to send this user text messages? Does the iPhone user receive a specific error message when sending you a text message?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AOB

Thank you for getting back to me. I called Verizon for help with this and

they told me, texting isn't aways reliable!!!

My friend uses AT&T. Yes he receives my texts and yes he receives an Error

msg when he tries to send me a text.

Thanks again,

Anita

On Mar 5, 2014 11:49 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes