Re: Can't receive text messages from iphone users
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're so welcome AOB! We want to ensure that you're able to stay in touch with ease! Does this only happen with this specific individual or multiple people?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AOB

I don't know. I only know about the one which bothers me. If I don't get

somebody's text, I have no way of knowing.

On Mar 7, 2014 12:05 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
PJnWil

Definitely not a VZW issue.  I just switched to a Windows phone and am having the same issue.  I got my phone 2 weeks ago and am still having the issue.  I unregistered my phone and all that jazz, but no success.  I just called apple support (didn't need serial number, just phone number and email address) and the have record of my phone being unregistered but they weren't sure why it was taking so long.  They gave me a case number and said that the problem should be resolved in 24-48 hours.  We will see. 

I would definitely call Apple and at least report the case if you are still having the issue. 

0 Likes
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
kimba71

I have this issue too. May hours on the phone with Verizon and Apple. Verizon got me to delete all my threads, my immediately family who has iphones to delete me as a contact and get rid of all their threads of messages to me and it still will not work. They spent hours. They even deactivated my phone and completely wiped me out, set me up on an old qwerty keyboard type phone from their office and then set me back up on my galaxy note to see if that would work. Finally they connected me to apple and apple said they had to deactivate me as a user. Would take 2 to 4 hours. Didn't work, so next day I got a hold of Tracy Onan at apple. She says it takes actually 45 days but engineers have been working on it for a month and continue to do so. Something in the ios7 update that will not let it release an iphone user to enable them to upgrade to another phone. I just want to know who do I sue to get my money back for the phone that I can't completely use? Who is going to credit me for the lack of usage of my phone? Who is going to credit me for business lost as I do a lot on facebook (business page) and that is also an issue. Customers can not send you private messages via facebook from their Iphone if you have chatted with them there before as well. Who in the world is going to fix this?????????

0 Likes
sanny

Call Blackberry.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

From what I have read, most problems getting texts from iPhone users is

caused by iMessage being enabled. Disable, messages go through.

0 Likes
TIKK1099
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has gone to class action.  I believe Apple and Verizon deserve to take a hit here.  First, I switched from the Iphone 4s to an Android.  The sales person made no mention that I would not be able to receive messages from Iphone users, took the phone from me, set up my Android and off I was sent.  I use my phone for business, I receive texts for jobs and 2 months later after deactivating, removing stuff from Icloud and Itunes I still am not receiving Imessages.  Why was I not warned of this issue that has been ongoing for years?  I paid for a product that does not work and actually hurts my business.  And then you have the big, bad Apple hoarding peoples messages, storing them and who knows who has access to all that information.  Imessage should be able to automatically be able to figure out who doesn't have an Iphone and push the messages through manually.  Going to each person in my contact list and pretending to be a tech support guy is ludicrous.  Time to lawyer up.  I'm paying for unlimited texts yet I'm also not receiving that service, who's gonna pay me back?