Can't turn off email notification on my Blackberry Tour - Help!
NancyZ

I just purchased the Tour - love it - except I can't seem to turn off my email notifications. I have gone into the alert screen and turned it off but it still comes through. How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Nancy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't turn off email notification on my Blackberry Tour - Help!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

NancyZ wrote:

I just purchased the Tour - love it - except I can't seem to turn off my email notifications. I have gone into the alert screen and turned it off but it still comes through. How do I fix this?

Thank you!

Nancy

Hi, Nancy,

Welcome to the forums.  To turn off your notifications, simply go to Sounds (Profiles) and scroll down to Edit Profiles.  Then select the Normal profile.  Press Messages to expand the menu.  You should see your email account(s) listed.  If you have more than one email account associated with your Tour, you will have to change each one.  Select one of the email accounts listed.  Change the Volume to Silent.  Change the LED to Off.  Change Vibration to Off.  Make sure Notify me during calls is No.  The press the menu key and save.  Press save again when you exit. Change the other email accounts if you need to do so.  That should do it.  Now we changed the profile for Normal, if you set your phone on Loud profile or Medium Profile, you will need to edit each of those profiles the same way.

Doc

0 Likes
NancyZ

Thanks Doc! I just followed your instructions.I am keeping my fingers crossed!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Let me know how it goes.

Doc

0 Likes
NancyZ

Hi Doc,

Followed your instructions - all is well. I am sleeping through the night now.

Thank you!

Nancy

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Glad to be of help.  And pleasant dreams...LOL

Doc

0 Likes
kristainnyc

I have the same issue and the steps listed don't fix it. I have the volume set to silent, LED and vibration set to off, and notify me during calls set to no in every sound profile. My phone continues to vibrate every time I receive an email in all sound profiles. Custom profiles don't work either. Do you know of a fix for this? Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

kristainnyc wrote:

I have the same issue and the steps listed don't fix it. I have the volume set to silent, LED and vibration set to off, and notify me during calls set to no in every sound profile. My phone continues to vibrate every time I receive an email in all sound profiles. Custom profiles don't work either. Do you know of a fix for this? Thanks for the advice!

Kristain,

If you followed the instructions and saved your changes as directed, then it should work.  The only thing I can think of to do right now is to pull the battery and allow the unit to reboot.  Then make the changes and save.  Make sure you scroll down to Edit Profiles and select the profile you normally use every day, by default it is Normal.  By the way, what OS version are you using?  You can check by going to Options>About and you should see a number like v5.0.0.419 just in from of (Platform...)

Doc

0 Likes
DonStar

I followed your instructions and I still get vibrate on every email. I have removed battery and tried again.  Still unable to stop vibrate when all profiles are set to none.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Don,

Hi and welcome to the forums.  Not sure what to say, except go back and double check the profile you are using.  Make sure you go into Edit Profile and select the Normal profile and make sure you set Vibration to Off and set Vibrate to In Holster.  If you have more than one email account on your Tour, you will have to change the setting for each email account.  Be sure to save it twice as prompted to do so.  Also, since you are changing the Normal mode, make sure you are using Normal profile on your device, not Loud or Medium.  If you use those profiles, you will have to edit each of those as well.

Doc

0 Likes