Cannot Uninstall VZ Access Manager
howardc1

VZ Access Manager slows up my startup Big Time, and I never use it, so I want to uninstall it.  Yes, I know how to go to "Uninstall Programs" on the Control Panel - I did that and it said "successful" and I don't see the Manager listed in the programs - but it still boots up on startup every day, like a ghost.  I write to Verizon and they totally ignore my inquiry.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot Uninstall VZ Access Manager
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

howardc1 wrote:

VZ Access Manager slows up my startup Big Time, and I never use it, so I want to uninstall it.  Yes, I know how to go to "Uninstall Programs" on the Control Panel - I did that and it said "successful" and I don't see the Manager listed in the programs - but it still boots up on startup every day, like a ghost.  I write to Verizon and they totally ignore my inquiry.  Any ideas?

Are you saying you're trying to remove from your computer?  If so what operating system are you running?  Most programs leave bits and pieces of programs in the program files in your c drive.  Please provide additional info and I'll try and help. 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Reboot your PC in safe mode (tap the F8 key continuously while the machine is restarting).  After it is up right click on start button (left corner) and then left click properties.  Look for a folder called program files and the VZ Access Manager folder should be here.  Right click on it then select delete.  Probably will ask if you are sure check yes or ok.  Reboot PC like you normally would and let it return to regular operating mode.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks SFObrien!

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Your welcome Michele.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes