Cannot get connected to Verizon network
spcburich

I recently purchased a blackberry bold 9650 (one month ago). phone battery was getting low today so i plugged it in to charge via wall charger that came with phone. Phone would not charge. Phone would not recognize wall charger at all. I ended up having to remove battery and reboot phone to get it to charge battery. Now..the battery will charge but the phone says that the antenna is OFF in the upper right hand corner. Now, i understand this normally happens when phone battery gets low. But, battery is now fully charged and i still cannot get the antenna to turn on. Is there some manual setting that i may have accidentally hit? I would appreciate any help.

Andrea

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot get connected to Verizon network
Spiral
Master - Level 1

spcburich wrote:

I recently purchased a blackberry bold 9650 (one month ago). phone battery was getting low today so i plugged it in to charge via wall charger that came with phone. Phone would not charge. Phone would not recognize wall charger at all. I ended up having to remove battery and reboot phone to get it to charge battery. Now..the battery will charge but the phone says that the antenna is OFF in the upper right hand corner. Now, i understand this normally happens when phone battery gets low. But, battery is now fully charged and i still cannot get the antenna to turn on. Is there some manual setting that i may have accidentally hit? I would appreciate any help.

Andrea

You need to go to "Manage Connections" and enable the  "Mobile Network".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

spcburich wrote:

Andrea

You need to go to "Manage Connections" and enable the  "Mobile Network".

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Andrea,

First, welcome to the Verizon Wireless forums.  You can manually turn on the mobile network by first, press the Menu button (to the left of the trackpad).  This is the applications screen.  Look for Manage Connections (looks like an antenna) and press Manage Connections.  Scroll down one space to Mobile Network and check the box to the left of that by pressing the space bar or the trackpad.  That is it.  You should have your 3G data connection.  While you are on the manage connections screen, you may want to turn off (uncheck) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth if you are not using those connections.  If you should need help connecting to a Wi-Fi hotspot, just let us know and we can walk you through that connection.  Good luck and Happy Holidays.

Doc

0 Likes