Changing auto signature on Tour
RAEnsbury

I am trying to change the auto signature on my Tour. None of the instructions given anywhere fit the Tour. It can't be this hard. Help...please.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing auto signature on Tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

On the Tour, press the Menu key, Options, Owner.  Under the Information:  type whatever you want to appear in your signature.  Press Menu key and Save.  Then when you type a message or email, when you are ready to place your signature information, simply type sig and that will do it.

Doc

0 Likes
RAEnsbury

Ah. OK. I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. Right now when I send a message or email it automatically signs it "Sent from my Verizon Blackberry." That's the message I want to change.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can change your "sent from vzw blackberry" signature in two ways.

Click on the Email Settings icon in your phone (probably in the setup folder) and login to your BIS account. Click on the email you want to edit and hit your menu button and there should be an option to edit the account details and change the signature to something you want or delete it alltogether.

Or you can try logging onto the BIS website from a PC: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw and taking the same steps to edit.

However, please take note that there is a BIS outage right now, so at this time you may not be able to change it using either option.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, Chileman,

I see what he was talking about and you're right, no one can log into the BIS email service to adjust anything right now.  I haven't recieved any email this morning either.  We could start a rumor that Blackberry is getting their servers ready for OS 5.0 to be released.  We can see how far that goes...lol.:smileywink:

Doc

0 Likes
RAEnsbury

Interesting. I've been trying to log in to the BIS site but have been getting a "your account is locked" message and then being told to call customer service (for which there is no number listed). Is that the same message everyone is getting? or am I really the only one in the universe that's "locked out"?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

People are getting the "page cannot be displayed" or "page cannot be found" message. But if you're getting the "locked out" message then you would actually be locked out of your BIS account. Tech Support would be able to unlock it for you: 800-922-0204 but they are also have trouble accessing their Blackberry Admin Support tools. So...you'll have to be a little patient on this one.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

As soon as I posted this I just got about 40 emails. It may be fixed already. Here's hoping.

0 Likes
Cal_110

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  However, ran into a different problem when trying to login to the BIS website.  Got the message: "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser.  Please use your device to access Blackberry Internet Service."  I can go the Email Settings route via the Menu on the Blackberry Tour - BUT - I do NOT want to type out the lengthy disclaimer that is required for the signature I am trying to replace the standard Blackberry signature.  Any ideas?!?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Did you try and access the BIS site from your phone or a PC? You need to use a PC, it won't let you do it directly from your device.

If that doesn't work then Copy/Paste will be your best friend today.

0 Likes