Choosing a device
purplemoon16

I am interested in getting a blackberry and would like some advice on which phone to get.  It will be for personal  and business use.  Any thoughts storm2, tour and curve.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Choosing a device
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The Curve is a less expensive "starter" Berry with no camera flash. Unless you're going for cheap, I'd say choose between the Storm2 and Tour, but that's just my opinion.

Because the Storm2 and the Tour are navigated in completely different ways, there's no substitute for going to a store and trying them both. It's the only way to know if you like a touch-screen or trackball. 

What kind of phone do you have now?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Agree with SydneyK. Storm 2 is an only touch screen phone. If you never had a touch screen phone before it probably will take some getting used to having the touch screen. Typing messages on a touch screen does take practice. I'd go with the new Curve. It's newer then the Tour. You do have 30 days for trying out any phone on Verizon. If you don't like it, then you can simply exchange it for another new different phone.

0 Likes
purplemoon16

Thank you for the advice.  I have an LG Dare so I am used to all touch screen.  Do you know what the difference is between the tour and the curve.  'cause I read that apple is coming out with an iphone for verizon so I'm thinking go the cheapest route now and then upgrade to the iphone.  any further opinions?

0 Likes
bstorm2b

I would stick with the storm 2.If you liked the dare the storm 2 is much better.The screen is very responsive and you control when you want to open something. You can scroll but it wont do anything till you click the screen. I can type just fast if not faster than i could on a full qwerty keyboard. Don't count on the iphone being out too soon. It has been rumored for a long time. Also Apple or Verizon hasn't issued any statements reguarding it and probably wont. I wouldn't trust anything unless it came form apple or verizon myself. If the iphone did come out I would still keep my storm 2 no doubt about it.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Click on the link below to compare all models of Blackberry.

http://tinyurl.com/blkbrycomp

Once you get to Compare Phones, type in the Blackberry model(s) that you would like to compare to see which one works best for you.

0 Likes