Constant updating of blackberry bold
Norah25

I have a blackberry bold phone and multiple times a day it updates and then registers the phone to the network... when it is updating, the phone is not operable for outgoing or incoming calls or texts.... any reason it has to update this many times a day? Could I set it to update like at 3am...only once a day? And is there a need to register to the wireless network multiple times?? What is going on with the phone?? Thanks for any help~

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Constant updating of blackberry bold
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

By 'updating' what do you mean? Does it reboot (black screen followed hour glass followed by red led followed by progress bar at the bottom of the screen)?

0 Likes
Abbaink
Any answers to this? I'm going through the same thing. Crazy.
0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3
I still don't know what 'updating' means. You can't be getting a new OS that often. What is being 'updated'?
0 Likes
Abbaink

I was told by Verizon tech support that the phone is toast and because of the numerous times it had been reset the information was no longer viable. In other words, any info that was residing on the phone was erased. And the phone itself is useless and would need to be replaced. But Verizon does not offer a "loaner" phone while I wait for a replacement phone. So I had to activate an even older but more reliable phone in the interim: my old LG enV. 

But I don't really give a **bleep** about the replacement phone. That's because just put my order in for my new phone:

The iPhone 4S. 

Now, I am happy.

:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes