Corporate Email Data Plan Rip-off
goody69

I love that Verizon offers Exchange email support for "feature" phones with a $15 data plan, yet I am forced to pay for a $45 data plan to get Exchange support for my Blackberry devices. Another reason I will be leaving Verizon soon.  See ya!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Corporate Email Data Plan Rip-off
rcschnoor
Legend
Verizon also offers an unlimited plan for BB at $29.99. The $45 plan is for businesses. As an individual, you should be able to get the same functionality with the $29.99 plan. If you don't need unlimited data and can get away with 150MB/month you, too, can get the $15 plan on your BB. I have it on a BB on my account.
0 Likes
goody69

I require Exchange support and therefore am required to purchase the $45 data plan. The $15/150MB and $29.99 unlimited plans DO NOT support BES corporate Email.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

goody69 wrote:

I require Exchange support and therefore am required to purchase the $45 data plan. The $15/150MB and $29.99 unlimited plans DO NOT support BES corporate Email.

If you "require" corporate email for your work, shouldn't you be mad at your employer instead of the supplier. This seems to be a case of shooting the messenger, not the message.

Most employers that "require" a cell/data plan for their employees actually supply said device. This is a security precaution on their end. My employer, for example, will not allow personal phones to access their corporate email/infrastructure.

Seems you should be complaining to your employer and not Verizon.

0 Likes
coachtodd3
Enthusiast - Level 3

goody69,

Maybe if you "have" to get your work emails on your personal Blackberry you should try to expense the extra $45 and have your company pay for it.  That's an idea that may help with the cost.

Coach

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, Coach,

That's a good idea.  If they can do that or at least meet him halfway and pay for half. 

Doc

0 Likes
coachtodd3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Doc,

I think it's worth a try at the least.  I mean, if the company doesn't want to add another phone to their corporate bill, then the least they can do would be to help him out with the cost of "doing business".. The worst they are going to say is no and then he will be back to square one.  It works with some companies.  They would rather pay an employee the added cost of the data plan rather than add the cost of the phone/line.

Coach

0 Likes