Current Mobile Network Status in Eastern PA?
eddiiem

is anybody experiencing mobile network issues in the Philadelphia area?  Using a BB Bold 3g.  Is there a place on the VZW site to check for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Current Mobile Network Status in Eastern PA?
andyD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem and now I am back on 3G! I talked to customer service (CS) and VZ does not have any system errors shown in their system.  So I followed CS's instructions.  I did the following to get 3G back online: (1) *228 option 1 (yes, option 1); (2) turned off the device by holding the power button for about 10 seconds; (3) removed battery; (4) waited for about 1 minute (CS said to wait at least 20 seconds); and (5) reinstalled battery and turned it back on.  It works now. Hope this works for you too!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tommyb10

I have a Curve 8530 in Ocean County NJ and internet service is timing out here too.  I can't find any notice on the website.  That's how I ended up in this forum

0 Likes
mrmrt

I am in the Harrisburg area - and I have been having problems for the past 3 hours - I have a BB Storm2 . Found another forum that someone in the SC area is also having network issues as well.

0 Likes
xsr71x

m out in SW Georgia too

0 Likes
hockeysweetie61

It's rather pathetic when you pay over $100.00 a month for ONE blackberry and the internet times out. I'm so sick of this phone. Thank goodness I can update next month. Droid here I come!

0 Likes
Computerwiz007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in lancaster county and my 3g Service is down, I am unable to run backup assistant and skype mobile. From what i can tell it may be a DNS probllem accordng to my error details of my back up assistant. I can use pandora over wifi but not 3g. I hope they solve this problem soon.

Here is the error i am getting if this helps anyone: http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/adam_fgp/Backupassist_error.jpg

Also here is a link to the details of the error as well: http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/adam_fgp/Backupassist_error_details.jpg

0 Likes
Computerwiz007
Enthusiast - Level 2

** Update** I have sent customer service a email reguarding this issue, I hope they take my email seriously and look into the issue!

0 Likes
andyD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same problem and now I am back on 3G! I talked to customer service (CS) and VZ does not have any system errors shown in their system.  So I followed CS's instructions.  I did the following to get 3G back online: (1) *228 option 1 (yes, option 1); (2) turned off the device by holding the power button for about 10 seconds; (3) removed battery; (4) waited for about 1 minute (CS said to wait at least 20 seconds); and (5) reinstalled battery and turned it back on.  It works now. Hope this works for you too!

0 Likes
Computerwiz007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well i think my problem will be solved, I called Customer Serivce and spoke to e tech, and they recomended that I backup my stuff and wipe it and reload everything.

0 Likes
Computerwiz007
Enthusiast - Level 2

This does not actually solve the issue I was having. I found a post somewhere else on this part of the forum suggesting to register my phone with the network and that helped and i was able to update my os just fine and had the 3g network. The 3G in my area is fast pages come up quick! I hope this helps anyone else having problems!

here is a link to the post i found that solved my problem: http://community.vzw.com/t5/BlackBerry-Devices/Unable-to-get-internet-on-my-device/td-p/458404

0 Likes