Customizing Alerts
Ninergal63

How do I customixze alerts?  Text messages VS E-Mails VS incoming calls,  I figured how to customize from contacts, but I need different sounds for differenct message types.

Also what is difference between SMS and MMS messaging?

Brand new to this Blackberry World....Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Customizing Alerts
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Ninergal63 wrote:

How do I customixze alerts?  Text messages VS E-Mails VS incoming calls,  I figured how to customize from contacts, but I need different sounds for differenct message types.

Also what is difference between SMS and MMS messaging?

Brand new to this Blackberry World....Thanks in advance!

Hit your Berry Button(The one with all the dots, and select Sounds Icon, (which is your Sound Profiles) Scroll down and select Edit Profiles, Select the Profile you want to edit and you will have options to change what ever you want.

SMS is standard Text Messaging, Max 160 Chars.

MMS is picture, Video Messaging, You can send longer text also.

0 Likes
Re: Customizing Alerts
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  Adding to what MacDaddy already explained, you can also specify which sound you want for your device if it is in your holster.  For example, on my Blackberry Tour, when I recieve a SMS text message and it is in my case on my side, it vibrates.  Out of the holster, it makes a regular sound.  You can play around with the sound profiles and even create a profile and name it whatever you want under the custom profile. 

Doc

0 Likes