DVR app
Back-n-Z-Black

Any word when Verizon will put out an app for the dvr that works with bbos? I really miss the ability to set the recorder when I am away from home. Verizon really should have had this out with the launch of the phone...certainly by the time they released the os update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DVR app
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It this for Verizon landline services?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Back-n-Black,

Recording from home sounds awesome! I know how important it is to have the features you need most on your device. What internet service provider do you have the DVR with? Have you checked Blackberry Application World to see if they offer the application? Send details.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Back-n-Z-Black

I have Verizon...they had a remote app for their older blackberry, also for Android and iPhone devices...would like to be able to manage the dvr when away from home with the new BlackBerry...this is a Verizon app that was used before and they have yet to make one to support their newer devices...as I stated before this should have been put out when the phone was launched...Verizon needs to support the products it sells....

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This sounds like a question better posed on the Verizon Residential forum.

The VZW Community is for wireless products.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Back-n-Z-Black

Hmm...the blackberry is a Verizon Wireless mobile product...purchased at a Verizon Wireless store, running on a Verizon Wireless network ...the apps run on wireless products...this should be the "better posed" place for this question....

My Verizon bill, as well as my Verizon services...wireless, Internet, and Television, are all bundled together and it is not for me to decide how, nor determine how, they decide to divide their responsibilities behind the scenes.

The fact is is that this is a mobile app, provided by Verizon for other Verizon wireless products, which should have been provided by Verizon with their Verizon wireless product in order to provide the same service to this Verizon wireless product as they do for their other Verizon wireless products.

If you would like to be helpful and inquire as to when, or if, Verizon is going to provide this app for this wireless product, that would be appreciated. Alternatively, if you would feel it would be better for this post to be sent to a different area of the Verizon support system then please do.

As has been stated multiple times now, this app should have been included with the launch of the phone.  As it has been over 4 months since the release of this phone, there should be some news regarding whether this app will be out soon, or if it is even in production.

Thank you in advance.

>>Personal information and E-mail headers/content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service   Please remove personal information before posting<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app is DESIGNED by the wired/landline company "Verizon".  The company know as "Verizon Wireless" is a separate company.

The forum http://forums.verizon.com is for the Residential side.

0 Likes
Back-n-Z-Black

No, they are different divisions in the same company. Before you get into semantics, remember, the services are bundled, sold, and paid for as one. Therefore, to the consumer, they are one and the same company. As well, when I sign in, I use my wireless number.  This is how the account is identified.

Please, either be helpful by addressing the question or else forwarding it to the division ( or company) that you feel is most appropriate, but don't tell me that I am asking the wrong company.   If I were asking this of AT&T, or T-Mobile , then yes, that would be the wrong company....or perhaps maybe that is where I should be going to get helpful service.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes