Data Plan
ShawnRyan

Hey,

I just switched over from enV 2 to the Blackberry Storm that someone gave to me. When i went to switch it, they said something about a $30.00 plan. I didnt ask at the time because I was in a rush, but do you NEEED to have this data plan if you have a blackberry, or can I cancel the data plan and still be able to use the basics of the phone aka calls, text messaging, camera.

I dont use the IM, email, pandora, or web browsing.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Plan
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

You have to have the plan for a blackberry.  There is no way around it other than replacing your Storm with a non-smartphone.

0 Likes
ShawnRyan

Can I do that via online. Or do I have to go to the store?

0 Likes
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

You can dial *228 from the phone you would like to switch to and go through the activation prompts to switch to the new phone but I would call customer service to make sure they take off the BB data plan correctly.  That and watch your next bill to make sure you're not charged extra for data.

0 Likes
ShawnRyan

It didnt work. the phone i want to switch to said it has been disconnected

0 Likes
Devs_Advocate
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, it sounds like you're going to have to call the store.  I've never had to downgrade via *228 so I wasn't sure.

0 Likes
HappyMommy

just call verizon and tell them what you want they can do it all over the phone..i helped my mother in law downgrade the other day.  I had to call to make sure they adjusted the plan correctly

0 Likes
ShawnRyan

I am at work, I dont have the old phone with me, I will need that before I call correct?

0 Likes
HappyMommy

if your at work and your using the phone that you no longer want to use then yes you will need the other phone.

If the the phone your wanting to use for good is at home you wil need the esn off the back to be able to activate it.

So when you get home take the back off locate the esn usually starts with an a000000

call them tell them you want to switch phones and make sure they fix the plan :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
ShawnRyan

Thank you very much,

0 Likes