Dear Verizon...I officially hate the new threaded SMS!!!!!!!!!!
scdigger

OK...so, how do I fix it...downgrade my OS? Go get a new phone...what should I do? I went from being a VERY happy Verizon Storm user to a VERY unhappy one over night.

Greg

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Dear Verizon...I officially hate the new threaded SMS!!!!!!!!!!
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

scdigger wrote:

OK...so, how do I fix it...downgrade my OS? Go get a new phone...what should I do? I went from being a VERY happy Verizon Storm user to a VERY unhappy one over night.

Greg

Hi,

I do not think there is a way to turn off the threaded SMS feature.  Perhaps in a future upgrade they will have that option.  For now, if it is that much of a bother, then, yes, downgrading would be your choice.  Verizon did not have anything to do with the features of the OS of the Blackberry.  If you were going to complain, the company to complain to would be Blackberry.  Perhaps if enough people have complaints, they will come out with the option to turn off threaded SMS.

Doc

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

What don't you like about it?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Too bad Verizon Wireless doesn't write the code for the OS. Go complain on the Blackberry.com forums. Be mad at RIM. They're the ones that actually write the software. Misdirected anger is worse than being angry in general. Sheesh.
0 Likes
BuddyW

I agree that it is a little aggravating.  If it would open up the message with the keyboard minimized and then after reading the message you could respond by clicking to enlarge the keyboard I could live with it.  Now, before I read a message I always have to Hide the keyboard first.  But, once you have minimized it once, it will remain minimized on that thread.  Unfortunately, there is no way to open a message with the keyboard minimized as the default.  Now that would be good.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yeah huh take a chill and of stead of dear Verizon wede wede this in that get that technical mind set out and hope everything turns great for you.
0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

Back before the Storm came out, I found Blackberrys more of a business oriented smartphone with no benifiet to "Home" users (except maybe the internet), and I found them a lot more annoying than useful

Then when the Storm came out, I thought of Blackberry a little differently, I found it more useful than a standard blackberry, and found the clickable touchscreen to be a plus (I just can't deal with the scroll ball the other Blackberrys have), I also was interested in what the touchscreen could bring to the Blackberry (more interesting "touchable" apps, etc.), since I got the Storm, I liked it, but found it really unstable (I found the more I used it, the easier it was to manage, but the bugs just made it annoying), and I had to do the battery pull often (very often), though at the time I really liked the way the OS worked, just not it's instability, so I waited forever for a more stable update, then 5.0 came around, which while it was more stable, they took all the things I liked about the Storm, and replaced them with crap, so now I happen to like the stability (having to pull the battery less), but really hate what the OS has become in 5.0, including the threaded SMS

One thing I really hate about threaded SMS is when replying to a PIX message, as soon as you text back, your reply starts a whole different thread (or after you send the text, you don't keep the text you sent), I wouldn't mind if the image became part of the thread, but just the idea that it thinks of them seperately is a big turn off, and can make messages really hard to manage, not to mention, I am a very archival person, I don't like a reply I make to just dissapear just because I am replying to a PIX message, I like to keep things as proof for anything ever goes wrong in the future and somebody doesn't believe me, I can show proof by just pulling out my Storm

Another thing I hate about it is how it groups things, since it is a thread, the SMS threads always move around depending on when the other party sends a message, this puts things out of order and makes messages harder to track, so like if a friend doesn't text me for a month, then all of a sudden I get a text from him, the thread moves from a month ago all the way to the top, so when I go through to search for a message a month ago, I can't find it, I am also getting threads on the top of the list from about 2 months back, and the thread was inactive, how did it end up on top?

And the most important, when I go to do a battery pull (it's still requird sometimes), every time I go to boot back up, it says I have a new text message, I get excited and go to check it, and notice it's not new at all, heck, the phone can't even keep track of the messages let alone me, if the phone can't keep track, how the heck am I supposed to keep my texts in order?  Makes the texting almost useless, I could be replying to a message someone sent 5 months back that I already replied to but forgot, and think it's a new message

Now I wonder why I didn't jusk keep my RAZR, or if I should switch to AT&T (I hate Verizon) just for the iPhone (i'm an Apple fan anyway), I like the stability, but 5.0 wasn't worth the update, and it's not worth downgrading back to what I had either, so i'll just have to live with the threaded SMS messages, I mean I had problems back when I had my RAZR, but they were a lot more managable than this mess

0 Likes
Re: Dear Verizon..I officially hate the new threaded SMS!!!!!!!!!!
luckyrocker

I really don't care for how the message thread is either. I did make it more bearable by setting the Left side convenience key to my virtual keyboard, I never used the button anyways. That way all I have to do is hit a button to minimize it and hit it again to maximize it. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
fraudpi2

scdigger wrote:

... I went from being a VERY happy Verizon Storm user to a VERY unhappy one over night....

Greg

Welcome to my world:smileyhappy:)

0 Likes