Dear Verizon, when will I be able to upgrade my current Blackberry to the new Blackberry Passport?
Malachad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon, when will I be able to upgrade my current Blackberry to the new Blackberry Passport?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Dear Verizon, when will I be able to upgrade my current Blackberry to the new Blackberry Passport?
Not applicable

At&t has exclusive rights to that device.

View solution in original post

Re: Dear Verizon, when will I be able to upgrade my current Blackberry to the new Blackberry Passport?
BluejayChip
Enthusiast - Level 2

+1...would like to know also...

Not applicable

At&t has exclusive rights to that device.

Malachad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

If Mrhelper (see his message below) is correct that AT&T has exclusive rights to the Blackberry Passport that leaves me with only 3 possible solutions to my dilemma.

1) I could buy an unlocked Blackberry Passport on Amazon and have you, Verizon, provide me service with it.

2) I could switch to AT&T and get a new Blackberry Passport with them.

3) Verizon, you could purchase rights from AT&T, so I could use a Blackberry Passport through Verizon.

Verizon, which solution do you recommend I should try, or if possible would you, Verizon, be able to offer an additional solution I could try?

Sent from my iPad

Not applicable

1) No those phones do not have CDMA radios in them. You might want to actually call and text on your device I would think.

2) if you want the phone that's you're only option

3) There isn't a Passport designed for Verizon's network. At&t bought exclusive rights so they could get customers like you to switch. This is common tactic at&t uses.

Tidbits
Legend

1. Not going to happen. Different technologies when connecting to the network.

2. This is an option. Make sure AT&T offers you the same reception or better. What good is a device if you can't use it?

3. Not happening at all. They will lore then likely wait out the exclusive deal and see how well it did on AT&T before potentially carrying it or not. That would make smarter business sense.

B33
Legend

At our Local Store Tidbits I asked a Rep I've know for years how the Black Berries were doing he said not good at all he went further to say we haven't sold one in months people just don't ask for em any longer, he said 80% of our sales are for the iPhone's and the Galaxy s4, s5 and the Notes the rest goes to other  Android Devices and our Tablets.

0 Likes
Not applicable

And since Blackberry is not selling it had to have a mate.

So enters the Windows Phone

Both not going anywhere fast!

B33
Legend

Kind of wished Black Berry would have a big comeback as did when I had mine but I think that day is too far gone.. I don't for sure Big E  but I think even the President might be using a Android phone now..

Not applicable

Could be. It was the US Government that kept them in business.