Desktop Manager / Tour 9630 Device Update
mtayloraia

Whenever I plug in my Tour via USB cable to my PC, the Desktop Manager tells me there are updates for my Tour available & asks if I want to update it.  After 3 attempts at saying "yes", it has wound up with an error message to "Reload Software: 507".  I have then had to go back through the Desktop Manager to "Update My Software" through the application loader and downgrade the software to restore it.

After each time I have to re-download any apps, reactivate the Tour, etc.  It has backed up my data, but the applications all have to start over from scratch.

Why is this happening?  Why won't the software update work successfully?  Thanks to anyone with thoughts on this or suggestions to get the update to work successfully.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Desktop Manager / Tour 9630 Device Update
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Do you currently have .40 on your Tour or .53? The .53 software was released and pulled from VZ. If you have .40 then you have the latest that VZ has released. Have you rebooted your PC lately. The DM may be stuck in thinking .53 is still out there and its not. Also there is issues sometimes with updating from the DM . Are you running the DM 5.0 software?

0 Likes
Re: Desktop Manager / Tour 9630 Device Update
mtayloraia

Yes, I have .40 & thought it was current since .53 was recalled.  I do have DM 5.0.  I've rebooted my computer, but it still seems to think there's an update to load when I plug in my Tour via the USB cable.  I think you're right that it wants to load .53, but don't know how to make it stop trying to load it.

Thanks for your thoughts.  Any other suggestions / ideas?

0 Likes