Disable Visual Voicemail
bpejman0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I need to disable Visual Voicemail application on my BlackBerry Classic 10.3.1 so it stops prompting me each time I get a VM message.  It's annoying.

I don't see anywhere in the phone's setting on how to disable this.  Can you please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Disable Visual Voicemail
bpejman0
Enthusiast - Level 2

After talking to BlackBerry and Verizon at the same time I found a partial solution.

First, please note that Visual Voicemail is a "feature" added by the carrier. In this case, Verizon. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry as it's not their app. 

To turn it off (partially), go to Setup (not Settings) and launch Visual Voicemail. Then you will see that you're enrolled in the "Premium Version" as a trial. In that app, go ahead and end your premium trial and subscribe to the "Basic" version.  When you launch visual voicemail, if it says "Basic" at the top left, then you are good to go.

The Basic version of this app is free so when you get voice messages, you can play them back on your phone without having to call your voice mailbox.

I believe the difference between Basic and Premium is the number of VMs you can store. Basic allows up to 20 messages then your mailbox will become full.

I have not been able to delete this app completely and I doubt that resetting my phone to manufacturers setting will help but I may be wrong.

Also, call verizon and make sure that you're not auto-enrolled in the 25GB cloud storage, which is  another feature that they provide. Unless, you're interested in the service. In my case, I was automatically enrolled.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Bobby Pejman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Thought Visual Voicemail was a paid service. Maybe you have to cancel it.

0 Likes
bpejman0
Enthusiast - Level 2

Correct, it is a paid service and I have never activated it nor interested to activate it in the future but I can't seem to get rid of it.

Each time I get a VM, the app prompts me to setup visual voicemail and I have to decline it. How can I remove or disable it?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There's two of them.. One is paid and the other is not.

0 Likes
bpejman0
Enthusiast - Level 2

The paid version is called "Visual Voicemail" and I keep getting prompted to sign up.  I don't want to.  How do I disable it?  How do I disable Visual Voicemail app on my BlackBerry so it stops prompting me???  It keeps prompting me each time someone leaves me a message.

Why is this so difficult?  I just want to disable this app but there is no setting anywhere.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Visual Voicemail is free, Premium VVM is paid.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

bpejman0 wrote:

The paid version is called "Visual Voicemail" and I keep getting prompted to sign up.  I don't want to.  How do I disable it?  How do I disable Visual Voicemail app on my BlackBerry so it stops prompting me???  It keeps prompting me each time someone leaves me a message.

Why is this so difficult?  I just want to disable this app but there is no setting anywhere.

Nope VVM has a free version and a paid version as well.

Basic Visual Voice Mail

and

Premium Visual Voice mail

0 Likes
bpejman0
Enthusiast - Level 2

After talking to BlackBerry and Verizon at the same time I found a partial solution.

First, please note that Visual Voicemail is a "feature" added by the carrier. In this case, Verizon. It has nothing to do with BlackBerry as it's not their app. 

To turn it off (partially), go to Setup (not Settings) and launch Visual Voicemail. Then you will see that you're enrolled in the "Premium Version" as a trial. In that app, go ahead and end your premium trial and subscribe to the "Basic" version.  When you launch visual voicemail, if it says "Basic" at the top left, then you are good to go.

The Basic version of this app is free so when you get voice messages, you can play them back on your phone without having to call your voice mailbox.

I believe the difference between Basic and Premium is the number of VMs you can store. Basic allows up to 20 messages then your mailbox will become full.

I have not been able to delete this app completely and I doubt that resetting my phone to manufacturers setting will help but I may be wrong.

Also, call verizon and make sure that you're not auto-enrolled in the 25GB cloud storage, which is  another feature that they provide. Unless, you're interested in the service. In my case, I was automatically enrolled.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Bobby Pejman

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Premium VVM also transcribes voicemail to text.  25GB cloud is included with More Everything plans.

0 Likes