Does a BB work with an unlimited family data plan?
AustinaLane03

I want to buy a BB but I am on my dad's plan. We have unlimited texting and data. When I look up BB it says that it needs a data plan of $29.99 or higher. Does this mean a BB would work on the plan I already have? Or would I have to talk my dad into changing the plan? Please help :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does a BB work with an unlimited family data plan?
wireplus
Enthusiast - Level 2

You would not be able to put a BB on your existing plan. Your profile shows 1400 "connect plan". If that is correct the BB cannot go onto that plan, it does not have the ability to use a feature called "mobile email". That is a feature included with the "connect plan". If you simply have your line switched to a $9.99 secondary plan which will eliminate the "mobile email" feature than you can add the BB and add the $29.99 feature.

Your Dad will not need to switch his plan. But you need to make sure you switch yours to get rid of the "connect plan" features before adding the BB feature.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wireplus
Enthusiast - Level 2

You would not be able to put a BB on your existing plan. Your profile shows 1400 "connect plan". If that is correct the BB cannot go onto that plan, it does not have the ability to use a feature called "mobile email". That is a feature included with the "connect plan". If you simply have your line switched to a $9.99 secondary plan which will eliminate the "mobile email" feature than you can add the BB and add the $29.99 feature.

Your Dad will not need to switch his plan. But you need to make sure you switch yours to get rid of the "connect plan" features before adding the BB feature.

0 Likes
AustinaLane03

Thanks a bunch! That helped a great deal. 

0 Likes