Double Contact List
efcurkin

All of a sudden my contact list on my Blackberry doubled.  I know have two entries for every contact.  How did that happen and how do I get rid of the doubles?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Double Contact List
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You did not say which model Blackberry you have and what OS you are running.  I will tell you that I had that to happen to me once on my Tour.  I think I was running 4.7 back then.  Anyways, I found that the problem was with Google Sync.  Whenever it synced my contacts, it made double entries for each contact on my Tour for whatever reason.  I disabled the sync of the contacts and then reloaded my contacts from a backup of my contacts from Blackberry Desktop Manager.  If you have not done so already, go ahead and backup your stuff with BDM.  Anyways, that was my problem that caused the double entries.  I hope this helps.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You did not say which model Blackberry you have and what OS you are running.  I will tell you that I had that to happen to me once on my Tour.  I think I was running 4.7 back then.  Anyways, I found that the problem was with Google Sync.  Whenever it synced my contacts, it made double entries for each contact on my Tour for whatever reason.  I disabled the sync of the contacts and then reloaded my contacts from a backup of my contacts from Blackberry Desktop Manager.  If you have not done so already, go ahead and backup your stuff with BDM.  Anyways, that was my problem that caused the double entries.  I hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
efcurkin

Hi Doc - Thanks for the information.  I will try what you recommend and see if it works.

Thanks again.  Eric

0 Likes