Downloaded new OS, some SMS are coming in BBM, anyone else having this issue?
ReddsMD

I downloaded the new OS on my Tour, the only problem I don't care for is a few of my Contacts and Friends on BMM, their SMS are coming as a BBM message. Have anyone else experienced this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Downloaded new OS, some SMS are coming in BBM, anyone else having this issue?
ReddsMD

I figured it out, I had these two contacts linked to BBM! Problem solved, it was consuming me because it was quite strange!

0 Likes
Re: Downloaded new OS, some SMS are coming in BBM, anyone else having this issue?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Glad you figured it out.  Let us know if you need anything else.

Doc

0 Likes
HOGRider

I am having a similar problem, but all of my SMS have switched over to BB IM, not just the ones associated with BBM.  Quite annoying.  Any ideas to change this?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

HOGRider wrote:

I am having a similar problem, but all of my SMS have switched over to BB IM, not just the ones associated with BBM.  Quite annoying.  Any ideas to change this?

That is called "Threaded Messaging" and is a new feature to the 5.0 OS.  The only way to get away from it is to downgrade back to 4.7.  This is the reason my wife did not upgrade her Tour yesterday.  I showed her mine with the new OS and she did not want it.

Doc

0 Likes
Davidmj

This defendtly helped me understand what happened with my blackberry today with the upgrade of new software.. However, can anyone tell me how to get the names of the contact I an texting to show up .. Not just the number.. 

thanks.. 

0 Likes
TheSuz

So basically what everyone is saying is we just have to tough it out with duplicate text/BBM's with this new upgrade?  That kinda stinks, I love everything else about the OS upgrade but this since I have to delete in 2 areas now.

0 Likes
ReddsMD

Not sure why you are experiencing this, I was the original person that posted this. I'm not receiving duplicated SMS nor BBM's. I do know that if I have to reboot my phone for any reason, I often get a few text messages as if they are new, but I have read them previously. It appears to be glitches in the 5.0 upgrade, unfortunately!

0 Likes