Dropped Calls
PPope

I wanted to see if anyone could help me out.  I have lived in the same house for 6 years and have been a Verizon customer the entire time.  About 8  months ago our 3 Verizon phones went from working prefect to dropping calls on every call.  We go from full signal strength to none and them back up to full.  It is just enough to drop the call.  It is very frustrating that I can't you my phone from home anymore.  Do any of you know why this would happen?  Again it is with 3 different phones.  I called Verizon, but all they wanted to do was sell me a booster or something.  I just want it to work the way it did for the last 5 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I would suggest updating your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) for each device.  The PRL for all carriers changes and is updated at least every month or so.  You can do this by dialing *228 and selecting option 2.  It takes about 1 minute to complete the update.  Do the update for each device.  Then, pull the battery from each device and allow the devices to reboot and restart.  See if that makes things a little better. 

Another thing to consider is changes in your environment.  Sometimes florescent lighting can interfere with a signal.  Also, radio signals from WiFi routers can interfere.  If you have a WiFi, consider changing the channel that it broadcasts a signal.  Just a few things to think about.   Good luck,

Doc

0 Likes