Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dropped calls with BB 9650
donshel4

Has anyone been receiving numerous dropped calls all of a sudden?  I've had my phone for over 18 months and within the last month I have been dropping calls from areas where calls were never dropped before.  The tech department told me it was my phone after a brief troubleshoot.  I received the refurbished phones and the 2nd day it happened again.  I got a different tech. and she told me it was my bluetooth that I owned for 6 months.  I'm starting to feel like Verizon is in denial about their recent 'bad' service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls with BB 9650
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I have the bold 9650, for a little over a year now (I got a Certified Pre-Owned, to save a few $$) and it has dropped an occasional call, usually at my home when I am walking around.  I need to sit still when I talk on the phone!!  It doesn't happen regularly enough to be bothersome.

Try to note WHEN the calls drop - where you are, is the bluetooth on or in discovery mode, signal strength, particular callers?  Try to find a pattern (it may not exist, but worth looking at).  Also, do a *228 each month or when traveling out of your home area to refresh your network connection and tower listing.

0 Likes
Re: Dropped calls with BB 9650
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, SuzyQ, for your contribution.

Hello donshel4,

Thanks for posting. I know it has to be an inconvenience continuing to drop calls. Is this happening indoors/outdoors or both? What zip code(s) is this happening at? If you have the Bluetooth connected to your device please disconnect and retest. Let us know if the issue continues for further assistance.

Thanks,

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes