I just bought the Blackberry Tour and I have to continually manually refresh my email page to view new messages. I also want my phone to notify me when I get a new email. What can I do?
You need to fix your messages folder to catch all of your email.
1. Open the Messages folder on your device.
2. Press the Menu button (left of the trackball or trackpad)
3. Press Options
4. Click on Inbox Settings
5. Select the email account(s) you wish to add to the messages folder.
6. Press the Menu key again.
7. Select Save.
To have your device make a sound alert for when you recieve an email
1. From the main home screen, go to the top Sounds Profile icon and click to open
2. Scroll down to Edit Profiles
3. Select the sound profile you use, mine is always set to Normal, so I choose to edit that one, click on it to open
4. Click to expand Messages
5. Select your email account you wish to be notified of when you get an email and click on it.
6. Next to Volume, change from Silent to a number, with 10 being the loudest.
7. Press the Menu key
8. Select Save
9. Press the Menu key again
10. Select Save and exit.