Emails won't delete in gmail inbox from Bold 9650
khakixc9

I have my Gmail account on my 9650 with the enhanced plug in.  I'm finding that if I delete emails on the Blackberry they will not delete in my Gmail inbox.  This was not an issue with my previous Blackberry and I believe I am set up the same way. 

Any recommendations on how to fix/troubleshoot this?  What are the settings that are ideal both in Gmail and on the BB.  In the end I'd like make sure that any action I take on my BB, either reading or deleting, will be reflected when I log in the my inbox.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Emails won't delete in gmail inbox from Bold 9650
Not applicable

@pcwill I can see how frustrating it can be to not have your messages delete from your email account when they are being deleted from your phone.  The best way to resolve this is to log into the blackberry.net site and edit your settings.

Go to this site and sign in and click on edit. Once you are at the edit screen then you will be able to choose to delete on inbox.

www.blackberry.net/go/vzw

Also, for additional support or troubleshooting please visit:

www.verizonwireless.com/support

www.blackberry.com

www.verizonwireless.com/learning

Have a great day and thanks for choosing Verizon Wireless.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Go to your Email Settings and click to edit your gmail account.  Scroll down to syncronization options.  Place a check in the box next to deleted items.  This will make sure when you delete an email from your Blackberry inbox, it will delete the email from your inbox on Gmail.  Byt default in the Email options in your Blackberry message options, it will ask to confirm deletion of an email.  It will ask if you want to delete from your device or handheld and inbox.  If you select handheld and inbox, it will delete it from both.  If you open the enhanced Gmail app, it will show by default your inbox.  You need to press the menu key and select refresh and it will refresh your screen and show messages that you have deleted or have read.  Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
pcwill

I am having this same problem with my new Blackberry Bold 9930.  I used this same feature with my World Edition, but now the Bold isn't deleting my emails from my actual email accounts.  I have the option to delete "On Mailbox & Handheld", but it doesn't delete them so I have to manually go in and remove them from time to time to clean them up.

0 Likes
Not applicable

@pcwill I can see how frustrating it can be to not have your messages delete from your email account when they are being deleted from your phone.  The best way to resolve this is to log into the blackberry.net site and edit your settings.

Go to this site and sign in and click on edit. Once you are at the edit screen then you will be able to choose to delete on inbox.

www.blackberry.net/go/vzw

Also, for additional support or troubleshooting please visit:

www.verizonwireless.com/support

www.blackberry.com

www.verizonwireless.com/learning

Have a great day and thanks for choosing Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes